Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

remote non responsive xr5v4-r

New Poster

remote non responsive xr5v4-r

its happened before and eventually comes around and i can get it working again. this time it is not responding to anything i do. has working batteries, i've tried the setup button then the xfinity button. ive unplugged the reciever from the cable box and i've done a factory reset. this remote is just not responding to anything so far. suggestions please?

Official Employee

Re: remote non responsive xr5v4-r

cinderh wrote:

its happened before and eventually comes around and i can get it working again. this time it is not responding to anything i do. has working batteries, i've tried the setup button then the xfinity button. ive unplugged the reciever from the cable box and i've done a factory reset. this remote is just not responding to anything so far. suggestions please?

The best thing you can do is swap out both of your RNG150 boxes for XG2 and XiD boxes and upgrade your remotes to XR11. The XR5 are too dependent on the dongle attached. The XG2 and XiDs have features the RNG150 doesn't.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation