Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

"add channel to lineup"

New Poster

"add channel to lineup"

Currently, I only have around 12 channels with my X1 and the Digital Preferred service, most of them local or pbs. Any other channels I get a dialogue box that says "free with subscription", and that I need to "add this channel to your lineup." I have my lineup set and I can see it both online and on the mobile app, but my set-top box still keeps showing the same issue.

 

I have reset my box multiple times, one time I completely shut it down and unplugged it. We have called customer service, however they were of no help.

 

Any ideas? 

New Poster

Re: "add channel to lineup"

We are having the same problem.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: "add channel to lineup"

Sounds to me the X1 box you are talking about needs to be activated. If it actually is activated it needs entitlements resent to it.

Call the X1 help line 877-896-8678.


ex0 wrote:

Currently, I only have around 12 channels with my X1 and the Digital Preferred service, most of them local or pbs. Any other channels I get a dialogue box that says "free with subscription", and that I need to "add this channel to your lineup." I have my lineup set and I can see it both online and on the mobile app, but my set-top box still keeps showing the same issue.

 

I have reset my box multiple times, one time I completely shut it down and unplugged it. We have called customer service, however they were of no help.

 

Any ideas? 





New Poster

Re: "add channel to lineup"

I had the same issue - "Free With Subscription" when I attempted to watch a channel.  So I went to Xfinity.com to add those channels - couldn't find the link to do so on the My Account page. 

 

Then I called Xfinity and got the real scoop.

 

Those channels are free with an additional subscription for which You Must Pay.

That's right, it's an additional subscription.  If you pay for it, those channels are indeed included for free. 

 

Get it?

So nice of those corporate schmucks to think of us.

Expert

Re: "add channel to lineup"


XfinityLies wrote:

I had the same issue - "Free With Subscription" when I attempted to watch a channel.  So I went to Xfinity.com to add those channels - couldn't find the link to do so on the My Account page. 

 

Then I called Xfinity and got the real scoop.

 

Those channels are free with an additional subscription for which You Must Pay.

That's right, it's an additional subscription.  If you pay for it, those channels are indeed included for free. 

 

Get it?

So nice of those corporate schmucks to think of us.


in each market there are several levels of service each priced according to the number of channels and mix of channels. Not sure why you have an issue with that. I wish we could pick and choose each and every channel we want to pay for and not support nor pay for those we do not want to pay for monthly.

New Poster

Re: "add channel to lineup"

How much does it cost to add subscription?


XfinityLies wrote:

I had the same issue - "Free With Subscription" when I attempted to watch a channel.  So I went to Xfinity.com to add those channels - couldn't find the link to do so on the My Account page. 

 

Then I called Xfinity and got the real scoop.

 

Those channels are free with an additional subscription for which You Must Pay.

That's right, it's an additional subscription.  If you pay for it, those channels are indeed included for free. 

 

Get it?

So nice of those corporate schmucks to think of us.


 

Expert

Re: "add channel to lineup"

We don't know.  It depends on what it is.  You will have to talk to Comcast upgrade service.

New Poster

Re: "add channel to lineup"

http://www.xfinity.com/Customers/Clu/ChannelLineup.ashx

 

^ Displays what channels are included in each lineup

New Poster

Re: "add channel to lineup"

Tonight we received the "free with subscription" dialogue box when trying to watch shows on demand. I called customer service. They did something to my box that froze the screen for about five minutes. It wasn't the total reboot/tv restarts. After the five minute screen freeze, the issue was fixed. On demand worked fine.
Expert

Re: "add channel to lineup"


jmargfed wrote:
Tonight we received the "free with subscription" dialogue box when trying to watch shows on demand. I called customer service. They did something to my box that froze the screen for about five minutes. It wasn't the total reboot/tv restarts. After the five minute screen freeze, the issue was fixed. On demand worked fine.

call the x1 support center at 877-896-8678 - they may need to refresh your entitlements for your set top boxes.

New Poster

Re: "add channel to lineup"

How did you add something to your lineup?
Expert

Re: "add channel to lineup"


SoteloHouse wrote:
How did you add something to your lineup?

channels come in package 'levels'. you can contact billing to find out what options you have and the cost of each option. call 800-COMCAST

New Poster

Re: "add channel to lineup"

I agree if the cable company values our input they should let us pick the channells we want versus forcing us to take channels we dont want.

New Poster

Re: "add channel to lineup"

Right on, baby...You Must Pay.  I really already knew this but the command on screen to add to lineup is tricky.  So NOT understandable.  Comcast is so greedy that they charge for everything that is a noun.  Too bad.  They have complete ownership of cable and should give some discounts to certain demographics and be more generous with their triple-play costs.

Regular Contributor

Re: "add channel to lineup"


Rustyben wrote:

XfinityLies wrote:

I had the same issue - "Free With Subscription" when I attempted to watch a channel.  So I went to Xfinity.com to add those channels - couldn't find the link to do so on the My Account page. 

 

Then I called Xfinity and got the real scoop.

 

Those channels are free with an additional subscription for which You Must Pay.

That's right, it's an additional subscription.  If you pay for it, those channels are indeed included for free. 

 

Get it?

So nice of those corporate schmucks to think of us.


in each market there are several levels of service each priced according to the number of channels and mix of channels. Not sure why you have an issue with that. I wish we could pick and choose each and every channel we want to pay for and not support nor pay for those we do not want to pay for monthly.


I think the issue is that "Free with Subscription" is confusing. The first time I got that, I thought it meant I should be getting the channel free with MY subscription. I think it should say something like "This channel requires a higher level of subscription" and then tell how to do that. 

New Poster

Re: "add channel to lineup"

Except that my husband and I are having the same issue yet we are ALREADY PAYING for the PREMIUM service, so why should WE have to pay MORE if we are ALREADY paying for the most channels POSSIBLE?!?!?

Expert

Re: "add channel to lineup"


TVandal wrote:

Except that my husband and I are having the same issue yet we are ALREADY PAYING for the PREMIUM service, so why should WE have to pay MORE if we are ALREADY paying for the most channels POSSIBLE?!?!?


Call into Comcast at 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 and speak with a CSR about your subscriptions and possibly refreshing entitlements on your boxes if needed.

Expert

Re: "add channel to lineup"

 

Year Old Thread being Closed.