Set-Up: 7 TV's Total

• MOTO MX011ANC (DVR)
  • XiD-P (Model: Pace PXD01ANI)
  • XiD-C (Model: Pace CXD01ANI)
  • PX032ANI
  • PX032ANI
  • PX032ANI
  • RNG150N (non-HDTV)

I recently had a service call to Comcast that some of their boxes (RNG150N) were working very slow at start-up and channel changing for my HDTV's. They swapped them out with the PX032ANI boxes, and ever since then, I have been getting messages on my main DVR box that "All Tuners are in use" and that I would need to cancel the recording in order to view live TV. In the past, I could record 4 shows simultaneously with breaking a sweat. 

I am confused, because very rarely are more than 4 boxes in use at one time. In addition, only two of those boxes are actually used in ever recording (DVR & XiD-P).

1. Did installing the PX032ANI boxes disrupt something?
  2. Are my boxes incompatiable with each other?
  3. Is this a tuner issue? Do my boxes no longer have the ability to record 4 shows, plus live TV?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Mark

Service Expert

Re: "All Tuners Are In Use"

Markeee_Mark wrote:

• MOTO MX011ANC (DVR)
  • PX032ANI
  • PX032ANI
  • PX032ANI
  • RNG150N (non-HDTV)

I recently had a service call to Comcast that some of their boxes (RNG150N) were working very slow at start-up and channel changing for my HDTV's. They swapped them out with the PX032ANI boxes, and ever since then, I have been getting messages on my main DVR box that "All Tuners are in use" and that I would need to cancel the recording in order to view live TV. In the past, I could record 4 shows simultaneously with breaking a sweat. 

I am confused, because very rarely are more than 4 boxes in use at one time. In addition, only two of those boxes are actually used in ever recording (DVR & XiD-P).

3. Is this a tuner issue? Do my boxes no longer have the ability to record 4 shows, plus live TV?

Mark

No, if you are using that many companions with only one DVR, you will have this issue -Too many TV's watching live TV.

I alleviated this issue by replacing all my Companions with XG2 Companions.  They have their own tuners and don't have to use the DVR tuners to watch live TV.

But then, I found that I was scheduling too many recordings, which also use tuners, so I had to replace two of my Companions with X1 DVR's.

My wife and I are retired, so we watch a lot of time-shifted recordings. <VBG>

Notice the Tuners column:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box/

The PX032ANI is the Xi3 box.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Markeee_Mark wrote:

• MOTO MX011ANC (DVR)
  • PX032ANI
  • PX032ANI
  • PX032ANI
  • RNG150N (non-HDTV)

Mark

Swap out one of those XiD boxes for an XG2. There should only be 3 XiD for every XG ( Xg1 dvr or XG2). Having 5 in your case is eating up all the DVR's tuners. Swap it out at your local service center if you can.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you for the quick reply, Robert!

So if I'm hearing you right, an XG2 should alleviate the "All tuners in use" message? (I dont usually record more than 4 programs at a time anyways).

If thats the case, I'll stop by my local Xfinity office and pick one up. 

Question, if the XG2 box isnt available, are their any other solutions? As always, thanks in advance!

Mark

New Poster

Thank you, Andrew. I will stop by my local Xfinity office this week. Are the XG2's a special request item, or are they usually available by now (I'm in Northern California). Thank you in advance!

Mark

Official Employee

Markeee_Mark wrote:

Thank you, Andrew. I will stop by my local Xfinity office this week. Are the XG2's a special request item, or are they usually available by now (I'm in Northern California). Thank you in advance!

Mark

Yes, they should be available, not a special order. Anyone you talk to, tell them to look at your list of equipment.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I occasionally receive the same error message on my DVR in a much simpler setup - one DVR, one TV. When I look at scheduled recordings, there’s only one being recorded and partials a couple scheduled for later. I’ve seen it happen when a recording was scheduled for a channel that I haven’t subscribed to. I don’t knowingly schedule that to occur but it just happens. My default Guide view is subscribed channels only but when I choose all games of a basketball team on ESPN for example, the system is not smart enough to only schedule games when they’re broadcast of my subscribed channels only.
The support People said they had no visibility into my tuners and can’t tell me what they’re busy with.
Frustrating!
Service Expert

rmk9785e wrote:
I occasionally receive the same error message on my DVR in a much simpler setup - one DVR, one TV. When I look at scheduled recordings, there’s only one being recorded and partials a couple scheduled for later. I’ve seen it happen when a recording was scheduled for a channel that I haven’t subscribed to. I don’t knowingly schedule that to occur but it just happens. My default Guide view is subscribed channels only but when I choose all games of a basketball team on ESPN for example, the system is not smart enough to only schedule games when they’re broadcast of my subscribed channels only.
The support People said they had no visibility into my tuners and can’t tell me what they’re busy with.
Frustrating!

l just use the Guide to show what is being recorded at the moment. If I have 6 recordings at once, I know I can't record any more programs.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

rmk9785e wrote:
Frustrating!

hi, If you got that on one of your small set top boxes you might want to swap one for an XG2 set top box. It has 3 extra tuners to loan to the other small companion set top boxes that frees up the tuners in the DVR. same price, too.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Since it’s just the dvr that you have, go into scheduled under Saved and delete the unwanted recordings. You’re right the system isn’t smart enough for some team recordings to know what channels not to record. I have the same issue during baseball season.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I have X1 DVR model PXD13ANM with six tuners and I get this error even with one active recording. This is somehow associated with a recording that got programmed erroneously on an unsubscribed channel as described in detail above. It is not a small set top box and there are no companion boxes on site.
Service Expert

rmk9785e wrote:
I have X1 DVR model PXD13ANM with six tuners and I get this error even with one active recording. This is somehow associated with a recording that got programmed erroneously on an unsubscribed channel as described in detail above. It is not a small set top box and there are no companion boxes on site.

that model is probably PX013  (zero). Are you in an apartment/condo? there may be a missing POE (point of entry) filter to keep your DVR from being accessed by other units. If you would, press and hold the Exit button on the remote for 3-5 seconds and then quickly press down down 2 <== on the remote. in a few seconds the white screen will pop up. press down button until MoCA diagnostics, and press OK. wait for the items on screen to 'fill in' you should see enabled and linkup. press the down button on remote. and wait for screen full of zero to fill in. do you see numbers on any of the lines? If so, how many lines with other than just zeros? Hit the exit button to exit.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

There have been changes to sports pages and I believe more updates are coming. Which team are you trying to record?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

There are a few basketball teams (Warriors, Celtics, Rockets, Thunder) that I want to record when they’re broadcast on a channel (e.g ESPN, TNT, NBC etc) that’s part of my package but it sometimes schedules their games on NBA TV as well, which I’m not subscribed to. That is when it comes up with the erroneous error message of ‘All tuners are in use’ when in fact they’re NOT.
I suspect it is a software glitch due to poor quality control and testing.
Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation