Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

power preference selection of 1, 2, 4,8 hours???

Valued Contributor

power preference selection of 1, 2, 4,8 hours???

When is the option for the customer to be able to select power down coming back???  I keep hearing it is to be brought back but so far in the north east it is not.  The new 4 hour only option is not helping me to save power.

Changes should make things better not worse, but I guess that is not a mind set of comcast.

Expert

Re: power preference selection of 1, 2, 4,8 hours???

@fedup978 wrote:

When is the option for the customer to be able to select power down coming back???  I keep hearing it is to be brought back but so far in the north east it is not.  The new 4 hour only option is not helping me to save power.

Changes should make things better not worse, but I guess that is not a mind set of comcast.

the displayed power savings are off the scale exaggerated. previous check of power saved DVR (max savings on the device that is available) would save $1 if left in power save 24/7/365 never being out of power save. many TVs have problems coming out of 'power save' mode in acquiring the HDMI signal and passing an HDCP handshake. Add to that that the box has to come online and reboot to get updates overnight.

Valued Contributor

Re: power preference selection of 1, 2, 4,8 hours???

So far in the 4 years that I have had these boxes and my same TV's there has never been an issue with them going off full power. I know that comcast has the ability to power the units back up for updates as I have seen them come on in the night time during the hours for their updates, after they are done updating the units will go back off after the timeout that I selected.  I just find it interesting that comcast removes features, customers report it in the forums and to customer service, but nothing seems to change.  If you wonder why I seem to have a bitter taste, when a compny tells me I have to live with any issue that they could not fix, which others have also reported, I don't have much faith that something will be done.  I am sorry to say that but their history has not been very good in my area.  And yes I have gone all the way to their top support people.