Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

on demand shows stop and I am unable to resume. This happens on shows and movies.

Regular Visitor

on demand shows stop and I am unable to resume. This happens on shows and movies.

When watching an on demand show the show will stiop and go back to the screen showing the episodes. No resume option available. I can start show from beginning but it keeps doing the same thing.

New Poster

Re: on demand shows stop and I am unable to resume. This happens on shows and movies.

Same thing happening here. Unable to resume from where it stopped. Can only restart and can’t fast forward.
Service Expert

Re: on demand shows stop and I am unable to resume. This happens on shows and movies.

wrote:
Same thing happening here. Unable to resume from where it stopped. Can only restart and can’t fast forward.

by stop you mean you paused and it timed out?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

No it was not paused. The program stops during the show and returns to the Episodes screen. At this point there is not an option to restart the program. By the way the other box in the house works fine and will play the on demand shows in full. I have done a restart and reboot and problem still exists.

Service Expert

wrote:

No it was not paused. The program stops during the show and returns to the Episodes screen. At this point there is not an option to restart the program. By the way the other box in the house works fine and will play the on demand shows in full. I have done a restart and reboot and problem still exists.

Could you post the make and model of each of your X1 boxes?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I have a PC PXDO1ANI     this is the one that is not working properly

the other is a MOTO MXO11ANM  this one works fine with on demand

New Poster

I am having the same issue. Does anyone know what's causing it?
New Poster

Mine has been doing this for several weeks. It is really getting on my nerves. COMCAST PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE
Official Employee

Hello TNuser, I have addressed your concern on your original thread. Please reach back out out me there. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello @jbarte, as the creator of this thread, have you since resolved your On Demand issue? If you still need assistance with troubleshooting, I can help. If so, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

It's massively annoying - for what we pay for this service I expect it to be smarter and more flexible.

You start watching a one hour show, can't fast forward (stupid) and thirty minutes in you pause it bacause you have a chore that needs to be done.

An hour later ou come back and you want to resume and now you have to restart and can't fast forward.

It's very frustrating.

Service Expert

@jgaron wrote:

It's massively annoying - for what we pay for this service I expect it to be smarter and more flexible.

You start watching a one hour show, can't fast forward (stupid) and thirty minutes in you pause it bacause you have a chore that needs to be done.

An hour later ou come back and you want to resume and now you have to restart and can't fast forward.

It's very frustrating.

Have you tried pressing the Page Up button to see if it will skip forward?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I had this happen to me. I was watching a show on the On Demand part of xfinity and it just stopped, like it had been paused but it was not paused. I skipped forward with the page up button on remote and I just reversed back to where I was. Annoying but maybe skipping forward could help, if you haven't tried it yet. Happened 3 separate times as I am typing this.
Service Expert

@Korn93 wrote:
I had this happen to me. I was watching a show on the On Demand part of xfinity and it just stopped, like it had been paused but it was not paused. I skipped forward with the page up button on remote and I just reversed back to where I was. Annoying but maybe skipping forward could help, if you haven't tried it yet. Happened 3 separate times as I am typing this.

while it is acting 'up', call 800-Comcast and select TV. ask the agent to run the internal troubleshooting guide (einstein) and that will determine where most/many problems are (may need a home visit).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

The page up button works!!! I just tried it same thing just happened ... 25 min into the show it just stopped, use the page up button you might miss a few minutes but beats not being able to see the rest of the show
Service Expert

@Chrissy9 wrote:
The page up button works!!! I just tried it same thing just happened ... 25 min into the show it just stopped, use the page up button you might miss a few minutes but beats not being able to see the rest of the show

what is the name of the show and season/episode number? did you try the same show on a smart device? (you can stop the TV playback at for example 20 minutes. press exit, and then resume on a smart device. does it play successfully there through the point it failed on the TV? you are playing back an on-demand show, correct?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Having similar problem. This happened the other day with a tv show & tonight with a movie. I have hit pause. I realize that there’s a time limit for how long a program will stay on pause before it clicks out, however, normally when I want to continue watching, I just click back on the show/movie (it will show it for example 45 mins left of 60) & hit resume. For some reason, now when I click resume, there’s a long pause as if the request is being processed, & then the program starts all over. I’ve tried unplugging device but didn’t work. Don’t know if it’s related but I have a Netflix subscription & the other day I was able to log in but once I clicked a program, it would not load. Was only occurring on my box/tv in house. Lastly, this morning my tv was on & I left the room & walked back in about 15 mins later. Box was not lit up & tv said no signal. Was as if box had been unplugged but it wasn’t. Had to unplug & replug it in the outlet to get it to work. Box is roughly a year old. I don’t know why I’m having these problems but the starting @ beginning over & over instead of resuming where program was paused is getting extremely frustrating!
Service Expert

@GritNGrace wrote:
Having similar problem. This happened the other day with a tv show & tonight with a movie. I have hit pause. I realize that there’s a time limit for how long a program will stay on pause before it clicks out, however, normally when I want to continue watching, I just click back on the show/movie (it will show it for example 45 mins left of 60) & hit resume. For some reason, now when I click resume, there’s a long pause as if the request is being processed, & then the program starts all over. I’ve tried unplugging device but didn’t work. Don’t know if it’s related but I have a Netflix subscription & the other day I was able to log in but once I clicked a program, it would not load. Was only occurring on my box/tv in house. Lastly, this morning my tv was on & I left the room & walked back in about 15 mins later. Box was not lit up & tv said no signal. Was as if box had been unplugged but it wasn’t. Had to unplug & replug it in the outlet to get it to work. Box is roughly a year old. I don’t know why I’m having these problems but the starting @ beginning over & over instead of resuming where program was paused is getting extremely frustrating!

fix is to hit 'exit' when you are going to step away or have unknown break. I mentally note the time on the progress bar (45 minute mark for example). you can hit page up to advance 10 minutes then rewind to the point you paused.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 12 in conversation