Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

menu

New Poster

menu

Lately, i have been having trouble with loading of the menu on X1. When i turn on the TV, it can take upto 5 seconds before i click a scroll arrow button on remote and menu respodning on the Xfinity Guide. This ihas been frustrating. However, this is not the case when i use xfinity app remote on my iphone. Can someone help me sort this out? Thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: menu

Are the batteries in your remote low? Also, if you paired the remote to the box via RF then you may be experiencing RF interference that is causing slow response from the remote.

Since the box responds fine by the app, then I suggest you try replacing the remote if that does not work.

Also, you can unpair the remote from the box and use the IR to send signals to the box. If that fixes it then it is RF interference.

I believe on the XR remote you hold A and D buttons to unpair. 

Expert

Re: menu

wrote:

Lately, i have been having trouble with loading of the menu on X1. When i turn on the TV, it can take upto 5 seconds before i click a scroll arrow button on remote and menu respodning on the Xfinity Guide. This ihas been frustrating. However, this is not the case when i use xfinity app remote on my iphone. Can someone help me sort this out? Thanks

when you turn on your TV is the power LED for the X1 set top box also turning on at the same time?