Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

light doesn't turn on anymore on small box. Does it need replacement and how do I get it?

ANSWERED
New Poster

light doesn't turn on anymore on small box. Does it need replacement and how do I get it?

My small box for bedroom TV no longer lights up.  I get a message "no time information" and "no signal".  I feel maybe I need a new box.  If so, how do I get them?

Accepted Solution

Re: light doesn't turn on anymore on small box. Does it need replacement and how do I get it?

My small box had no button.  It turns on and off simply by plugging it in.  The green light did not work.  Comcast repairman exchanged the box and the new one lit up right away.  It also provided the signal that I needed.  Thank you for the repair.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: light doesn't turn on anymore on small box. Does it need replacement and how do I get it?

On the top of the box is a power button, try pressing that. If that doesn't work you can swap it out at your local service center.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

My small box had no button.  It turns on and off simply by plugging it in.  The green light did not work.  Comcast repairman exchanged the box and the new one lit up right away.  It also provided the signal that I needed.  Thank you for the repair.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation