New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

iHeartRadio on XFINITY X1

Administrator
Administrator

iHeartRadio on XFINITY X1

iHeartRadio is now available on your XFINITY X1 TV Box!

The iHeartRadio app on X1 allows you to search for your favorite radio station or artist from more than 800 live radio stations over a range of genres, including Pop, Country, Hip-Hop, R&B, Alternative, Rock and more.

To use the iHeartRadio app on X1, you will need:
  • A compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150 not supported)
  • XFINITY Internet service (any level)

Access iHeartRadio on your X1 TV Box

There are a few different ways to access the iHeartRadio app on X1.

The easiest way to access iHeartRadio is by pressing and holding the microphone button and saying "iHeartRadio" into your X1 Voice Remote.

iHeartRadio home screen.

Alternatively, you can find the iHeartRadio app by:
  1. Pressing the xfinity button on your remote control.
  2. Selecting Apps.
  3. Navigating to iHeartRadio under Entertainment.
Finally, you can find relevant iHeartRadio stations in the X1 Music menu:
  1. Press the xfinity button on your remote control.
  2. Select On Demand.
  3. Navigate to the Music menu at the top of your screen.
  4. Select a station in the iHeartRadio app to begin listening to iHeartRadio.

1. Launch the iHeartRadio app on your X1 TV Box.
  2. Navigate to Settings at the top-right corner of the app.
  3. Select Sign Up or Log In from the list of options on the left.
  4. You will then be provided an Activation Code. To activate your account, visit iHeart.com/activate.
    IHeartRadio Settings screen with Sign Up or Login option selected.
Note: You do not need to create an iHeartRadio account to listen to and search for music; however, you will not be able to create a list of Favorites if you are not signed into an account.

Favorite a Station

When logged into the iHeartRadio app, you can create a list of Favorite stations. Once a station is favorited, it will appear in the My Stations menu at the top of the iHeartRadio app.
  1. Launch the iHeartRadio app on your X1 TV Box.
  2. Log in to your iHeartRadio account.
  3. Select a station (follow the instructions below to Search for Stations).
  4. Press the down arrow.
  5. Navigate to the heart icon and press OK.
    Heart icon.

6. This station can now be accessed in My Stations when you are logged in to your iHeartRadio account.
    iHeartRadio with favorited station.

Search for Stations

You can search for your favorite stations, artists or shows within the iHeartRadio app on X1:
  1. Launch the iHeartRadio app.
  2. Select Search at the top of the app.
  3. Use the on-screen keyboard to search for your favorite station, artist or show within the iHeartRadio app.
    iHeartRadio Search screen.

Set Parental Controls for iHeartRadio

The iHeartRadio app on X1 will be rated TV-MA - the highest parental control rating available. This will require users who have Parental Controls Locks set on their X1 device to enter a PIN anytime they try to launch the iHeartRadio app.

Note: Once the iHeartRadio app is launched, X1 device parental control settings will not guard against new content searches or playback within the iHeartRadio app.

You can view or change your X1 parental control settings at any time.

FAQ's

Can I sign in to multiple iHeartRadio accounts on a single X1 TV Box?

No, you can only sign in to one iHeartRadio account per X1 TV Box. However, you can sign in to different iHeartRadio accounts on different X1 TV Boxes.

How do I sign out of iHeartRadio on X1?

1. Navigate up to Settings.
  2. Select Logged in as…, then select Log Out.
  3. Upon successful sign-out, you will still be able to listen to music on iHeartRadio, but you will no longer be able to see to your favorite iHeartRadio stations until you sign in again.

Will streaming iHeartRadio on X1 Boxes count towards my monthly Internet data usage?

Yes. iHeartRadio is delivered over your XFINITY Internet service to your X1 TV Box. Therefore, iHeartRadio will be subject to the rules, terms and conditions that govern XFINITY Internet service, including any data usage plans that may apply. Learn more about X1 Internet data usageand see frequently asked questions.

How do I return to the X1 main menu once I am in the iHeartRadio app on X1?

Press the Exit button on your remote to exit the iHeartRadio app. You can also press Guide or the xfinity button on your remote.

What accessibility features are available with iHeartRadio?

Since iHeartRadio is a third-party application, your X1 accessibility user preferences will not be observed once you launch the iHeartRadio app.

Does it cost anything to use iHeartRadio on X1?

Aside from your regular XFINITY TV and XFINITY Internet service charges, there are no additional charges for accessing the iHeartRadio app through X1.

Why am I unable to sign in to the iHeartRadio app?

If you are unable to sign in to the app after you have entered your correct username and password, visit iHeartRadio Help for instructions on how to recover your account. Once your account is recovered, you will be able to sign in as normal.

Why can't I see iHeartRadio content on my X1 TV Box?

If you cannot see iHeartRadio content on your TV, ensure that you have a compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150 devices are not supported) and XFINITY Internet service. If you do not have XFINITY Internet service and attempt to launch the iHeartRadio app, a message will appear that explains how you can subscribe to XFINITY Internet.

Why is the iHeartRadio app frozen?

If the iHeartRadio app is frozen on your TV screen, exit and re-launch the app. If the app is still frozen, try rebooting your X1 TV Box. If the problem persists, please contact Comcast customer support or visit iHeartRadio Help.

Why are my iHeartRadio stations buffering?

Since iHeartRadio is an Internet application, the iHeartRadio app on X1 works just like iHeartRadio on your computer, which buffers video any time there is a slow Internet connection. If your stations continue to buffer, try rebooting your X1 TV Box. If the problem persists, please contact Comcast customer support or visit iHeartRadio Help.

Why am I having trouble navigating the iHeartRadio app?

If you are having trouble navigating the iHeartRadio app on your X1 TV Box, try exiting and re-launching the iHeartRadio app. If you still have trouble navigating, try rebooting your X1 TV Box. If problems persist, please contact Comcast customer support, or visit iHeartRadio Help where you can find answers to issues regarding the iHeartRadio application and features, along with additional iHeartRadio customer support methods.

Customers should visit iHeartRadio Help for specific information on iHeartRadio accounts, billing, offers, app features and more.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Please post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Official Employee

iHeart Radio X1 App

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/comcast-and-iheartmedia-partner-to-launch-ih...

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Service Expert

Re: iHeart Radio X1 App

ComcastAndrew wrote:

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/comcast-and-iheartmedia-partner-to-launch-ih...

one of my favorite iphone apps but iHeart is at doorstep of chapter 11 bankruptcy (in the news).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

I like to listen to my local radio stations. 

EDIT: aww it's not availble in my area yet.

Problem Solver

Still not availble in my area

in california

Frequent Visitor

Re: iHeartRadio on XFINITY X1

Still not here in the Philly area, unless I'm missing something Smiley Sad 

Valued Contributor

Re: iHeartRadio on XFINITY X1

I received the app on the DVR but for some reason the app does not appear on my XG 2?

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation