Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

how to add amazon prime to watch on tv

New Poster

how to add amazon prime to watch on tv

Have lost the Amazon Prime app when turning on tv. How do I add it back to watch Amazon Prime movies and tv series?

Accepted Solutions
Administrator

Re: how to add amazon prime to watch on tv

@tvwatcher72 wrote:

Have lost the Amazon Prime app when turning on tv. How do I add it back to watch Amazon Prime movies and tv series?

@tvwatcher72,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. We apologize for the confusion, but at this time, Comcast does not offer the Amazon Prime app through any of our devices/equipment. 

Typically, if you are using a 3rd party device or have a smart TV that you are using to receive that app, we recommend contacting the manufacturer or Amazon directly. 

Thanks again for your question. 

All Replies
Problem Solver

On a Comcast box?

Or are you referring to a third party device like a Smart TV or an Apple TV or Roku?

"Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman
Problem Solver

@tvwatcher72 wrote:

Do you have a "smart" tv?

If the app is not currently listed in the section for current used apps, go to your "My Apps" section recommended for your television. Find and download the app from there. Make sure the app is updated. You might have accidently deleted the app from your apps being used. It is easy enough to do.

Administrator

@tvwatcher72 wrote:

@tvwatcher72,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. We apologize for the confusion, but at this time, Comcast does not offer the Amazon Prime app through any of our devices/equipment. 

Typically, if you are using a 3rd party device or have a smart TV that you are using to receive that app, we recommend contacting the manufacturer or Amazon directly. 

Thanks again for your question. 

Problem Solver

Comcast Jessie:

Your answer is not the best answer!  The OP already had Amazon Prime app on some device and some how lost it. We know Comcast does not have the app.

He needs to know how to retrieve the app we are giving advice on.

Please remove your "best answer" so others will continue to help.

New Poster

Thank you. Your answer made me realize I need to use tv remote and was able to see Amazon Watchlist. Problem resolved! 👍

Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Comcast Jessie:

Your answer is not the best answer!  The OP already had Amazon Prime app on some device and some how lost it. We know Comcast does not have the app.

He needs to know how to retrieve the app we are giving advice on.

Please remove your "best answer" so others will continue to help.

No. ComcastJessie is correct - the app would likely be on a third party device, and thus OP would better be served by contacting support for their device, or Amazon. 

So far, the marked best answer is still the best answer....until a better one is posted.

And BTW, nobody's stopping anyone from posting any more replies here. 

"Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman