Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

how do I unpair a XR2 remote so it "does not work" with a X1 HD BOX

ANSWERED
New Poster

how do I unpair a XR2 remote so it "does not work" with a X1 HD BOX

I have 2 tv's and 2 cable boxes in the same room. One is a DAT with a XR2 remote the other is a new X1 HD BOX with a X1 remote. Both remotes work the X1 HD box. I need to block the XR2 from doing this. I had the old silver box (sd) with the silver remote. There was no problem it making this work. The XR2 remote would not work with the silver box.. or it was programed not too.

I have done this so I can watch, like on ball game on one and something else on the other. Watch the news on one and have the second one muted during a ran delay, in a race.......

Also can the font be changed on the X1 HD box program guide. I have two 25 inch tv's.. can not read it. Had no problem with the silver box program guide

Accepted Solution

Re: how do I unpair a XR2 remote so it "does not work" with a X1 HD BOX

BIGDADDY1958 wrote:

I have 2 tv's and 2 cable boxes in the same room. One is a DAT with a XR2 remote the other is a new X1 HD BOX with a X1 remote. Both remotes work the X1 HD box. I need to block the XR2 from doing this. I had the old silver box (sd) with the silver remote. There was no problem it making this work. The XR2 remote would not work with the silver box.. or it was programed not too.

I have done this so I can watch, like on ball game on one and something else on the other. Watch the news on one and have the second one muted during a ran delay, in a race.......

Also can the font be changed on the X1 HD box program guide. I have two 25 inch tv's.. can not read it. Had no problem with the silver box program guide

From the Suppport pages:

To Unpair an XFINITY Remote (Disable Pairing)

To disable pairing between an XFINITY remote and TV box or digital adapter:
  1. Press the Setup button on the remote until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
  2. Press 9-8-7.
  3. The LED will blink green twice indicating that the remote has been unpaired.

You cannot change the font on the X1 program guide.

View answer in context
Service Expert

BIGDADDY1958 wrote:

From the Suppport pages:

To Unpair an XFINITY Remote (Disable Pairing)

To disable pairing between an XFINITY remote and TV box or digital adapter:
  1. Press the Setup button on the remote until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
  2. Press 9-8-7.
  3. The LED will blink green twice indicating that the remote has been unpaired.

You cannot change the font on the X1 program guide.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

I have a similar setup.  I pair one of the remotes to the first box , then put a piece of black tape over the IR sensor.  Use the other remote in IR mode (Don't pair it) and it will control the second box.  

The tape on the first box blocks the IR from the second remote so it only controls the second box.

Service Expert

BIGDADDY1958 wrote:

You didn't say if the DTA was used on an HD tv. If it is, swap it for the HD DTA (same price) and hook it up via HDMI. Benefit is that the HD-DTA includes an RF remote. Once paired neither remote will operate the other device.

I just swapped one of my DTAs for an XG2 companion set top box, and there was no cost at all (increase). you might want to check to see if that is true for you, too.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

I should add that I control my 2nd box with a Harmony Universal Remote and that's why I use IR for the 2nd box.  If I didn't have the Harmony, I would also pair the Comcast supplied remotes to each box.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation