Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

have to reboot my set top box every morning

New Poster

have to reboot my set top box every morning

How do I resolve the need to reboot my set top box every morning?

Expert

Re: have to reboot my set top box every morning

worth_holder wrote:

How do I resolve the need to reboot my set top box every morning?

hi, are you speaking of the automatic scheduled reboot of the x1 set top box that is done each night automatically?

New Poster

I have to reboot mine a lot also. If I don't the guide runs very slowly, if at all.

Expert

Anon1625521 wrote:

I have to reboot mine a lot also. If I don't the guide runs very slowly, if at all.

If all else fails, take the box and do a free swap at your nearest Xfinity Store.  Be sue to use the new power brick.

New Poster

Every morning my tv says it has no signal...have to reboot x1 box....

Expert

@Lukelite wrote:

Every morning my tv says it has no signal...have to reboot x1 box....

Sounds like you need to schedule a tech visit - 1800comcast

Official Employee

If the power saver is set to On, press the channel up button. That will wakes the box
To check
Xfinity button to Gear Symbol to Device Settings, down to Power Preferences and press Ok
New Poster

My box does the same thing. Have you gotten this resolved??
Frequent Visitor

Mine just locks up every few days which requires unplugging to reboot. I have not been a tv subscriber for a while but recently became one. Is this normal? When I was a cord cutter and used an Amazon Fire box, that might happen once a month but not this often. Any suggestions?

Expert

@RidiculousWonk wrote:
My box does the same thing. Have you gotten this resolved??

please see the post by comcastandrew just before your post. did you check what he suggested to try?

New Poster

The power saver is On and the channel up does not wake the box. Little blue light shows on box when i press it though. This seems to be happening more and more particularly in the morning when i turn on tv. Blue power light is on but nothing shows on screen. I hv to turn it off and then back on for it to work. Do I need to replace box??
New Poster

I have the same issue, what the xfinity tech recommended did not help. I find having to do a reboot of the device every day odd. I have been a subscriber for years and never had this issue.

Expert

@violetsiren wrote:

I have the same issue, what the xfinity tech recommended did not help. I find having to do a reboot of the device every day odd. I have been a subscriber for years and never had this issue.

I have 5 X1 boxes and have never had your issue.  If I did, I would first suspect an issue with the coax from where it comes into my home all the way to the boxes.  Did you try reseating ALL coax connections?