Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

error code xre-03059

New Poster

error code xre-03059

So i have had this problems for 6+ months off and on and only on 3 specific channels. I have called numerous times about this problem. I have done the steps of refresh, system reboot, disconnect cable, unplug power, have signals sent to the box to reset it and even replaced the box and i still get the same problem. The main line to the house has been replaced and upgraded to increase the signal strength, brand new cables from the wall to the box and brand new splitters. This last time i called i was redirected to a different department to further diagnose the problem and yet again go through the exact same steps that have already been done. I was told that there was nothing wrong signal wise on their end and to just watch it in standard format. I am tired of calling and getting the run around. i am ready to cancel both of my accounts and take my buisness elsewhere

Official Employee

Re: error code xre-03059

A tech needs to come out and troubleshoot the frequencies those channels are coming in on. Things like that can't be diagnosed remotely.
New Poster

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to explain that to 1 of the 4 people i talked to last week. They only wanted to run the tests and pass me off to a different department. I already had them come out once before about this and they replaced the main line. Looks like i need to call again to have someone come out again.

Regular Visitor

Exact same problem for past yr
tech was here for 3 hrs replaced all cables. Im done! I cant call them and spend 1/2 day trying to get through. They keep taking a small bit off my bill to shut me up. Bill gets bigger every month with new fee's. Image if could just get what i pay for??? Verizon here i come
Official Employee

Hi All, I can assist you with clearing up this XRE-03059 error. Please manually disconnect your cable box from the power source. Wait about 30 seconds, and then reconnect your box to the power source. This is the first step in clearing up this error code. This is normally an onsite issue, which a tech is required to come out and repair the problem on site. If you need help in scheduling a technician to come out and repair this error for you please send me a private message with your full address by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me".

Expert
Moved: