Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

equipment

New Poster

equipment

Equipment

I have X1 preferred dvr coming soon...will also hook up 5 other TVs  All HD  where can i see what my equipment will look like?

Also I currently have all the tvs (6) hooked up to Directv Satilite dish that provides 4k /swim technology wiring

(HIGH SPEED CABLE) will the comcast tech be able to use current wiring to hook my new equipment?

Expert

Re: equipment

wrote:

Equipment

I have X1 preferred dvr coming soon...will also hook up 5 other TVs  All HD  where can i see what my equipment will look like?

Also I currently have all the tvs (6) hooked up to Directv Satilite dish that provides 4k /swim technology wiring

(HIGH SPEED CABLE) will the comcast tech be able to use current wiring to hook my new equipment?

x1 does not offer 4k at all, the Netflix app is 4k compatible. The satellite splitters are unlikely to be MoCA enabled band-ready. The tech will be able to tell. Best practice for cable is to have all cables run to a central point where a splitter or MoCA capable powered splitter is used. Equipment would be dependent on how many DVRs and how many companion set top boxes you are planning to install.

New Poster

Thanks, I am Aware that there is only 4k from comcast via netflix... I have a dvr coming and then I guess 5 companion boxes...any Idea on where I can view a pic of the DVR (main box) and the companion boxes?

RE : Splitters...not concerned, as you stated  tech would determine what to use there but, will he be able to use exisiting coaxial cables I have set up? I only included the 4K info to show that these are a much higher rated cables for high spped data that can handle 4k, so I am assuming they are useable and actually beter than what comcast would install if I did not have exisiting set up.

I would like to SEE the boxes they will be bring so I can see what type connectors are on them

Official Employee

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-TV-Box-Comparison-DVR-vs-Non-DVR/td-p/2860183

It could be any combination found in the above depending on what your installer has on hand. If you’re looking for something in particular to use, lay that all out before they get started not after they’re finished.