Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

dvr not recording

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

I've only had service with comcast since 10/21 and I have had a different issue every day :-( this one is driving me nuts. We got the x1 hd dvr on the 21st it got replaced on the 23rd. Now nothing will dvr. says the dvr is unplugged??? I keep calling comcast and they say they dont see anything on their end and just keep refreshing it. Any ideas? I am going to reset the 2 other small x1 boxes and see if that helps since they havent been refreshed at all since the 21st.

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 2 of 5

I had my X1 DVR replaced. Afterwards I received the same message. There was 2 "Living Room" DVR's under default DVR setting. I just switched to the other "Living Room" and everything worked.

Apparently if you get the hub replaced you then get 2 of the same name as default DVR.  That should be very helpful to Comcast, as it took me DAYS with them on the phone to finally rid myself of that duplicate option.

if your MSG is your box may be unplugged....go to default DVR...Rename one.....then figure out which one will work, because I am betting one WILL work and the other wont

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 3 of 5

I renamed 1 of the boxes as 2 of them were called "masterbedroom" Im going to reset all 3 and see what happens

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 5

where do i go to change the default dvr? do you know? is it a menu on the box or something online?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 5
Found it and fixed it!! Thanks for the help :-)