Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

asking for parental control pin

Frequent Visitor

asking for parental control pin

I have never set up a parental control pin.  Now I cannot access my recorded programming on my DVR as it keeps saying I need that pin before I can watch.  Help!  

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: asking for parental control pin

geek46 wrote:

vanilla003 wrote:

I have never set up a parental control pin.  Now I cannot access my recorded programming on my DVR as it keeps saying I need that pin before I can watch.  Help!  

You can RESET all PINs by using this link:  https://secure.xfinity.com/profile/#settings and clicking on Parental Controls tab on the left and then finding the RESET tabs and using them.

You did a great job explaining easiest straight to the point wonderful I've been looking and trying to understand everyone for the last 7 hours thank you so much you're so great I couldn't sorry I'm just flabbergasted I can't even put into words you're wonderful thank you so much😘😘😘😘😘😆😆😆😆😆👍👍👍👍👍

All Replies
Expert

vanilla003 wrote:

You can RESET all PINs by using this link:  https://secure.xfinity.com/profile/#settings and clicking on Parental Controls tab on the left and then finding the RESET tabs and using them.

Official Employee

geek46 wrote:

vanilla003 wrote:

It is a known issue and being worked on.

Regular Visitor

Are there any updates on the issue?

I ran into the same problem last night (12/16/16).

I do not have any PINs setup, never have.  I can access all of my DVR recordings, except for 1, which is an episode of Dateline (rating TV-PG). 

Again - I have never setup any parental controls or PINs.  When I check my settings on the X1, it confirms this. Every setting in the Parental Controls section is set to "OFF" or "NONE".

I also tried resetting the box.  Problem persists. 

Help!

New Poster

I have the same problem. Tried to watch recorded Dateline, asked for Pin. What's up with this?

New Poster

When you use the link to log on to reset PINS (even though PINS were NEVER set), you will lose your recordings of the shows asking for a PIN to watch.
Thanks for the suggestion but now my show is gone completely. This is the third time in a week this has happened. I think I'll stop the updates sent to my boxes (which seem constant), this is ridiculous.
New Poster

What is the status of this bug fix? It's now 12/24 with no update and we're being prompted for a PIN we never setup.  Restarting the DVR has no effect.

Please provide an update

Expert

rharmaning wrote:

What is the status of this bug fix? It's now 12/24 with no update and we're being prompted for a PIN we never setup.  Restarting the DVR has no effect.

Please provide an update

Intermittent Updates to Bugs are not announced until the BUG has been fixed and rolled out to production.

Contributor

I went to watch a show I had recorded 4 days ago and the prompt for a Parental Control Pin screen appeared. I have never set any pins for any shows ever with Comcast. After searching on the forums for about 30 minutes, there were tons of questions about this. I got to posts dated from June 2016 and gave up the ghost. (After looking more, saw issues with a date of April 2015!) The best I can come up with is "it's a bug and being looked into". For 6+ months? (A year and a half?) C'mon, Comcast, you can do better. I just deleted the program as it wasn't that important, but for those who record a lot and have kids affected by this mysterious bug, I feel sorry for them. 

New Poster

Was having the exact same issue. I went into my settings on the X1 box and decided to just create a pin. After creating one I was able to use that to "unlock" the shows as needed.
New Poster

geek46 wrote:

vanilla003 wrote:

You did a great job explaining easiest straight to the point wonderful I've been looking and trying to understand everyone for the last 7 hours thank you so much you're so great I couldn't sorry I'm just flabbergasted I can't even put into words you're wonderful thank you so much😘😘😘😘😘😆😆😆😆😆👍👍👍👍👍