Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

anyone know if comcasts x1 works with a with static ip ?

Regular Visitor

anyone know if comcasts x1 works with a with static ip ?

see subject line

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: anyone know if comcasts x1 works with a with static ip ?

Hello tachikoma, the information provided is correct, the X1 box acquires an IP address from our network and not the in house modem. So your static IP should not be affecting your X1 connection. 

All Replies
Expert

tachikoma wrote:

see subject line

I'm not sure what you are trying to determine. The X1 equipment connects to Comcast local equipment (node) and obtains an available dynamic IP. Could you give an example of what you are trying to do?

Regular Visitor

the house im at has a business class internet that has a static ip thats in the basement that the whole house uses but we have cable tv also and my cable box quit working so comcast replaced with a x1 box

Expert

tachikoma wrote:

the house im at has a business class internet that has a static ip thats in the basement that the whole house uses but we have cable tv also and my cable box quit working so comcast replaced with a x1 box

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

tachikoma wrote:

The business class internet has nothing to do with the X1 box but it's not static.

Gold Problem Solver

Andrew,

I seem to recall some old conversations with ComcastNeal where people where asking about using X1 with Business class internet and I remember Neal saying that it could be done but some back office changes were needed. I am guessing that changed at some point???

ComcastAndrew wrote:

tachikoma wrote:

The business class internet has nothing to do with the X1 box but it's not static.

Official Employee

Hello tachikoma, the information provided is correct, the X1 box acquires an IP address from our network and not the in house modem. So your static IP should not be affecting your X1 connection.