Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

"...appears you have finished watching..." irritation

New Poster

"...appears you have finished watching..." irritation

When near (?) to the end time of a program, or in fact the end and you stop the playback, a message pops up stating "You appear to have completed watching .... ; Would you like to delete it?" Does anyone find this helpful?

I do not need this. If I am done watching I am quite capable of choosing to delete. Are viewers so ignorant of technology that they need a reminder to delete so their play que does not overflow?

What I find truly irritating is the offer appears well before the actual end. Since almost all modern shows have the denounement near the end, what this useless prompt is offering to do is delete the most important part of any show/movie. If Comcast insistes on leaving this stupid "feature" in, at least offer the ability to turn it off.

Thank You

Re: "...appears you have finished watching..." irritation

When you set a recording, change the OnTime option to have the show stop 3 minutes late and start a minute early. I have found I don’t miss the endings of shows. There was an Top Timon at one time to do just that as a default recording option, but it seems to have disappeared. It was in Comcast Labs a couple of years ago. Not sure where it is now. 

Forum Changes:
Open Wifi Hotspots Northeast Division... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation