Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Xr15 remote

New Poster

Xr15 remote

Hi everybody, 

I'm looking for codes to control volume and power on my Yamaha rx-a760 receiver. I should receive the new Xr15 remote in a couple of days and I would like to know what to do. I remember being a nightmare setting up my current xr11 remote to control the receiver. 

Thanks to everybody for your help. 

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: Xr15 remote

RE;

Service Expert

Thanks, Buddy! You SAVED THE DAY.. I didn't find the right answer to programming the XR15 to my TV until I read your solution.....it is SO SIMPLE, but had to spend a lot of time searching the XFINITY help-o-sphere to find that all you have to do is PRESS the XFINITY BUTTION AND the MUTE BUTTON at the same time, and then the directions on the manual work. (light turns from red to green, then put in the right published code for your TV manufacturer, and VOILA! )

Thanks again, and let Comcast know the "trick" that they don't seem to know!!!

All Replies
Expert

Marcored33 wrote:

Hi everybody, 

I'm looking for codes to control volume and power on my Yamaha rx-a760 receiver. I should receive the new Xr15 remote in a couple of days and I would like to know what to do. I remember being a nightmare setting up my current xr11 remote to control the receiver. 

Thanks to everybody for your help. 

use the same code in your old remote with the new remote.

Regular Visitor

Here is a good support article.  Hope it helps you.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/programming-your-xfinity-remote/

New Poster

• That works for XR11 but not XR15.
Expert

Does this help?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

XR15 Pairing Instructions

Pair the XR15 Remote to an XFINITY X1 TV Box

To use your XR15 remote to control your XFINITY X1 TV Box, follow these steps:

1. Make sure the remote batteries are installed and your TV and TV Box are powered on.
  2. Set the TV input to the input connected to the XFINITY X1 TV Box.
  3. Press and hold the xfinity and Info buttons for five seconds. Wait for the remote light to change from red to green.
  4. Follow the instructions by entering the three-digit, on-screen pairing code.
  5. Once your remote is paired, follow the on-screen instructions to set up power, volume and input control for your TV.

Pair the XR15 Remote to a TV

To use your XR15 remote to control your TV (including power, volume and input), follow these steps:

1. While the TV is on, press and hold the xfinity and Mute buttons on the remote for five seconds until the remote light at the top changes from red to green.
  2. Enter the first five-digit code listed for the TV manufacturer. As the code is entered, the remote light will blink on each digit entered.
    • Note: After the code is entered, the remote light blinks to indicate if the code is valid (Two green blinks = valid code; Red blink + green blink = invalid code).
  3. Aim the remote at the TV, and press the Power button.
    • If the TV turns off, turn the TV back on and verify that the Volume and Mute buttons work.
    • If the TV does not turn off, repeat the procedure with the next TV manufacturer device code.
      • Note: If none of the device codes operate the TV, find a code that works for your TV.

New Poster

Just keep trying the codes supplied in the listing until you find the one that does everything you need it to.  It took me until about the 5th code in the list (32467) for my Yamaha receiver to be able to control the volume and the power (both on and off) with my XR15 remote. One of the earlier codes turned it Off, but not On; so I had to keep trying.

New Poster

RE;

Service Expert

Thanks, Buddy! You SAVED THE DAY.. I didn't find the right answer to programming the XR15 to my TV until I read your solution.....it is SO SIMPLE, but had to spend a lot of time searching the XFINITY help-o-sphere to find that all you have to do is PRESS the XFINITY BUTTION AND the MUTE BUTTON at the same time, and then the directions on the manual work. (light turns from red to green, then put in the right published code for your TV manufacturer, and VOILA! )

Thanks again, and let Comcast know the "trick" that they don't seem to know!!!