Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Xi6 box

Contributor

Xi6 box

I am thinking of switching to the triple play but am waiting for the Xi6 box to be part of the package.

Can you tell me when it will be available.

Official Employee

Re: Xi6 box

dmoore2145 wrote:

I am thinking of switching to the triple play but am waiting for the Xi6 box to be part of the package.

Can you tell me when it will be available.

Nothing's been announced.

Frequent Visitor

Xi5 allegedly to be released 7/4/16.  HDR and wireless but no 4k.  4k will be included in Xi6.

Regular Contributor

and yet the XI5 is still not relased yet even though they stated 7/5/16 #cordcutter

Regular Contributor

I remember reading that their goal was to have the HDR boxes out before the Olympics, but I'm not optimistic.

Gold Problem Solver

So there is actual HDR content out there that isn't 4K???

Most Valued Poster

RickGr4,

I know of no specific content that will be HDR and not 4k UHD. The first planned HDR content will be with the 2016 Rio Olympics. At this time, HDR content from XFINITY will only be available to customers via the Ultra HD Sampler app on select Samsung Smart TVs. Ultra HD Sampler app users with an HDR capable display will see an additional "filmstrip" in the application with HDR content.

As far as the Xi5, it is still in testing and we have no firm release date yet.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

The sampler now applies to certain LG sets as well but it sure would be nice to see the list of qualifying TVs expanded. My new LG OLED did not qualify........
Regular Contributor

What's the latest X1 box out currently? I need a new box but am patiently waiting until all of my services are fixed. They need to make a small voice modem. The current one is enormous!

Expert

sperling3920 wrote:

What's the latest X1 box out currently? I need a new box but am patiently waiting until all of my services are fixed. They need to make a small voice modem. The current one is enormous!

These are the only ones I know of:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box/

Gold Problem Solver

HDR compatibility requires a TV with BT 2020 capability and 10 bit panel processing.

Only a small handful of 1080P TV sets have been made with this capability.

ComcastDevion wrote:

RickGr4,

I know of no specific content that will be HDR and not 4k UHD. The first planned HDR content will be with the 2016 Rio Olympics. At this time, HDR content from XFINITY will only be available to customers via the Ultra HD Sampler app on select Samsung Smart TVs. Ultra HD Sampler app users with an HDR capable display will see an additional "filmstrip" in the application with HDR content.

As far as the Xi5, it is still in testing and we have no firm release date yet.

New Poster

Comcast announced in May of 2015 it's Xi4 UHD 4K cable box would be available by the end of 2015. In January, 2016, they said Xi5 and Xi6 would be available by July. On May 18th, 2016 Comcast said4th, in time to watch the Rio Olymics in 4K UHD.

I'd like Comcast to give an explanation for the delays!!!!!! Most in customer service are utterly clueless when you inquire about their new UHD 4K cable boxes Xi4, Xi5 or the latest box promised-- the Xi6-which will have HDR 4K.

I called Comcast yesterday and ask they "investigate" the status of ALL their cable boxes that were due last year, and by July 4th, in time for the Rio Olympics. The polite Comcast agent (after speaking with a supervisor) said, "I'm told they will have some news in December", she was clearly ashamed she had to deliver such a pathetic answer.

.....??? COME ON!!! Comcast PR Department is just creating further irritation/annoyance with their customers. 

I might be cutting off with Comcast, given their pathetic approach 4K content. Netflix clearly gets the future, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Why have all the COMCAST UHD 4K cable boxes been delayed????

Comcast said Xi4 was due at the end of 2015.

Comcast said Xi5 was due by July 4th, in time for the Rio Summer Olympics.

Comcast was more vague about the Xi6 (which has HDR 4K) release this summer?

I asked an (polite) agent yesterday who was clueless about all 3 boxes. After checking with her supervisors, she told me, "We are supposed to know more in December." ...She was clearly embarrassed she had to deliver such a pathetic answer.

Please have you PR/Communications dept. give a answer for the repeated delays???

Expert

Khl111 wrote:

Why have all the COMCAST UHD 4K cable boxes been delayed????

Comcast said Xi4 was due at the end of 2015.

Comcast said Xi5 was due by July 4th, in time for the Rio Summer Olympics.

Comcast was more vague about the Xi6 (which has HDR 4K) release this summer?

I asked an (polite) agent yesterday who was clueless about all 3 boxes. After checking with her supervisors, she told me, "We are supposed to know more in December." ...She was clearly embarrassed she had to deliver such a pathetic answer.

Please have you PR/Communications dept. give a answer for the repeated delays???

there is no official release date to the public of additional Xi version set top boxes. Comcast is experimenting with 4k (not UHD) via some Samsung TV models using an app.

watch this forum for official announcements. 

I noticed that twitter @comcast was showing latest x1 technology at an event. If you go to that @comcast and look at their timeline you can follow announements directly.

New Poster

How can I tell if I have an xi4, or what?

Thanks!!,  Bob

Official Employee

How can I tell if I have an xi4, or what?
Thanks!!, Bob

You won't have it because it's not released. But if you want to find out what the equipment is that you DO have, log into the mobile MyAccount app or use the MyAccount App on your X1 box.
Frequent Visitor

You will be waiting a long time. Only x-1 will you see it but they keep it back. Youtube and hulu have it. So does netflix. I don't know about ota but I am sure they are still 1080p. Comcast said that you need at least a 50 megabyte connection. Not true. 25 will do but might not be the best if you have 2 tv's going on at the same time. I am at 150/150 so I don't have any issues. I think that they will not launch it till late 2017 if that.
New Poster

I just bought a Sony XBR-65X850D with 4K & HDR . The first movie I watched with my X1 box was the Renevant. It looked awesome. My wife I and both thought it looked like a play on stage in our living room. It was kind of life like. Part of me liked it but part of me thought it looked like a soap opera. I just checked the model # of my X1 box from the mobile app (thanks for the idea ComcastAndrew). I have Model PX001ANM. I don't know if that is the most current box for a new 4K tv. I was thinking about calling tech support but frequently they do not know about the latest product. You would have to know exactly what to ask for and see if you have a competent rep to locate it for you. I know they don't have a 4K box yet, but I would like the latest and best version of what they offer for the $160 I pay a month. Anyone know what box I should ask for? And any idea why the Renevant looks so much differerent than any other movie? Is it the HDR? I read that it was created in 4K but didn't think Comcast was able to broadcast it with my one year old X1 box. Sports games don't look anything like what I saw with Renevant. I might just try to watch a few minutes of Revenant with my Samsung plasma to see if there is a big difference. I wish I could play them side by side. Do you think Comcast will ever make a wireless dvr like AT&T does? I am first time poster and look forward to your thoughts...

Thanks,

David

Official Employee

4khdrhopefull wrote:

I just bought a Sony XBR-65X850D with 4K & HDR . The first movie I watched with my X1 box was the Renevant. It looked awesome. My wife I and both thought it looked like a play on stage in our living room. It was kind of life like. Part of me liked it but part of me thought it looked like a soap opera. I just checked the model # of my X1 box from the mobile app (thanks for the idea ComcastAndrew). I have Model PX001ANM. I don't know if that is the most current box for a new 4K tv. I was thinking about calling tech support but frequently they do not know about the latest product. You would have to know exactly what to ask for and see if you have a competent rep to locate it for you. I know they don't have a 4K box yet, but I would like the latest and best version of what they offer for the $160 I pay a month. Anyone know what box I should ask for? And any idea why the Renevant looks so much differerent than any other movie? Is it the HDR? I read that it was created in 4K but didn't think Comcast was able to broadcast it with my one year old X1 box. Sports games don't look anything like what I saw with Renevant. I might just try to watch a few minutes of Revenant with my Samsung plasma to see if there is a big difference. I wish I could play them side by side. Do you think Comcast will ever make a wireless dvr like AT&T does? I am first time poster and look forward to your thoughts...

Thanks,

David

The dvr you have is the latest Pace DVR, but the secondary box you have could use an update to either an XG2 or XiD.

There are wireless boxes called Xi5 in limited testing.

Gold Problem Solver

The "soap opera" effect you are talking about is caused by settings in the TV.

Almost all of today's TV sets have features that are designed to improve fast motion. The problem is those features also introduce the soap opera effects.

Find any settings in your TV that deals with motion and turn them off. Your picture quality will be better.

FYI a little birdie on a tree told me that Xi5 will be 4k after all.
Regular Contributor

Which markets are the xi5 in NJ?
Gold Problem Solver

None. The Xi5 has not been released yet.
Contributor

New Poster

I feel like you ask to see a manager at places for stupid reasons
Expert

Notacabletech wrote:
I feel like you ask to see a manager at places for stupid reasons

do you need assistance?