Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity satellite cable box keeps freezing.

New Poster

Xfinity satellite cable box keeps freezing.

Xfinity satellite cable box all of a sudden freezes now.  All connections are tight, replaced both hdmi and coax cables and rebooted cable box multiple times. Can change channel but image freezes after 3 seconds.  Main dvr box and tv works great, home Wi-Fi is perfect, xfinity home security works fine.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity satellite cable box keeps freezing.

wrote:

Xfinity satellite cable box all of a sudden freezes now.  All connections are tight, replaced both hdmi and coax cables and rebooted cable box multiple times. Can change channel but image freezes after 3 seconds.  Main dvr box and tv works great, home Wi-Fi is perfect, xfinity home security works fine.

The 3 boxes use moca to communicate. Presently that moca communication is too low and out of spec. Normally, that means something in-house that's causing it. Can you give background on how the cable is ran, splitters, amps etc. You'll may end up needing a tech out. Signal levels to the DVR, XG2, and modem are well within specs.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation