Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity dvr box

New Poster

Xfinity dvr box

Every time I walk by my tv it goes blank for a few seconds. It is connected to my home theatre system and sometimes the sounds keeps playing and picture goes black. Sometimes the picture is gone for a long time and doesn’t come back until I unplug the Xfinity dvr for about 15-20 seconds and wait for the reboot process. Yesterday I went to my local Xfinity store and exchanged my Xfinity dvr box. Im still having the same issue. I unplug the power from my Xfinity receiver for about 30 seconds and then plug it back in and it resets and everything works again after the reboot process. Does anyone have the same issue or know the issue? I do not want to keep having to unplug my receiver and waiting 5 minutes for it to reboot every time my wife or I walk by. Has anyone had this issue? Can anyone help me figure it out?
Service Expert

Re: Xfinity dvr box

@MichaelB13 wrote:
Every time I walk by my tv it goes blank for a few seconds. It is connected to my home theatre system and sometimes the sounds keeps playing and picture goes black. Sometimes the picture is gone for a long time and doesn’t come back until I unplug the Xfinity dvr for about 15-20 seconds and wait for the reboot process. Yesterday I went to my local Xfinity store and exchanged my Xfinity dvr box. Im still having the same issue. I unplug the power from my Xfinity receiver for about 30 seconds and then plug it back in and it resets and everything works again after the reboot process. Does anyone have the same issue or know the issue? I do not want to keep having to unplug my receiver and waiting 5 minutes for it to reboot every time my wife or I walk by. Has anyone had this issue? Can anyone help me figure it out?

connect the set top box directly to the TV (be sure the HDMI cables are seated firmly.). walk by the TV, same problem?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation