Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Xi5 wireless box not connecting to new television

New Poster

Xfinity Xi5 wireless box not connecting to new television

I had Xfinity installed in my new home a month ago.  I have one DVR box and one wireless Xi5 box installed.  The wireless box worked fine when the installer left, but ten minutes later it stopped working.  I had another tech come out a few days later and he told me that the Xi5 boxes are extremely glitchy and I would probably experience numerous problems with it.  The wireless box worked fine when he left.  Fast forward a couple of weeks and I bought a new television.  I hooked the wireless box up to it and while the television sees that there is something connected to the HDMI port, it is not receiving any signal.  I spoke with Comcast tech support and they sent various signals and could not resolve the issue.  The soonest he could get a tech out is a week from now.  Any suggestions?  The light is on on the Xi5 box and when the tech sent a signal through the TV flashed a message saying X1 installing (or something like that). Then nothing.  It's only been a month and I've already grown quite tired of paying for a service that I cannot use.  The DVR box is working fine, but it is not in a common area of the house.  Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Xi5 wireless box not connecting to new television

Hello lakjo. I can help troubleshoot your Xi5 issue. It sounds like a technician is going to need to get this resolved, as there may be a network communication issue. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation