Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity XR15 Remote

Regular Visitor

Xfinity XR15 Remote

I called customer care 4 times and have received 2 XR11 remotes when asking for XR15 and keep getting the run around to get the updates equipment. I’m starting to get super frustrated why people local to me can have this new technology but no matter who I speak to, I can’t get a straight answer as to why I don’t have this yet. What do I have to do to get an XR15?!?!
Service Expert

Re: Xfinity XR15 Remote

@Superman422 wrote:
I called customer care 4 times and have received 2 XR11 remotes when asking for XR15 and keep getting the run around to get the updates equipment. I’m starting to get super frustrated why people local to me can have this new technology but no matter who I speak to, I can’t get a straight answer as to why I don’t have this yet. What do I have to do to get an XR15?!?!

it is just a remote, fewer buttons and features than the xr11. eventually that will be all that is available and the xr11 will be a much desired remote(has flashback for example for 15 seconds).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Rustyben, Superman422 is probably like me and prefers to own the latest products, even if there aren't anything different about them. For example, when my Xfinity Home service was installed back in March of 2017, I was given an older model of the touchscreen. When I found out that there was a newer model, I contacted Comcast and had a technician install one at my house, even though that there is nothing different about the new model except for the design. I didn’t know that the XR15 remotes even existed until I visited my local Xfinity store today to get an Xfinity X1 cable box for my great-grandmother who is 94 years old (she previously had the old Xfinity system). I noticed the new remote that was included with the box and asked about it. I was given two XR15 remotes (I have two TVs in my house) for free.

Also, what do you mean by “eventually that will be all that is available and the xr11 will be a much desired remote?” Is the XR11 remote going to become a “much desired remote” simply because it will no longer be available? If that is the case, I guess I’m lucky that I own a few of them that I have no use for now that I switched to the XR15 remotes.
Service Expert

@NHOfficial wrote:
Rustyben, Superman422 is probably like me and prefers to own the latest products, even if there aren't anything different about them. For example, when my Xfinity Home service was installed back in March of 2017, I was given an older model of the touchscreen. When I found out that there was a newer model, I contacted Comcast and had a technician install one at my house, even though that there is nothing different about the new model except for the design. I didn’t know that the XR15 remotes even existed until I visited my local Xfinity store today to get an Xfinity X1 cable box for my great-grandmother who is 94 years old (she previously had the old Xfinity system). I noticed the new remote that was included with the box and asked about it. I was given two XR15 remotes (I have two TVs in my house) for free.

Also, what do you mean by “eventually that will be all that is available and the xr11 will be a much desired remote?” Is the XR11 remote going to become a “much desired remote” simply because it will no longer be available? If that is the case, I guess I’m lucky that I own a few of them that I have no use for now that I switched to the XR15 remotes.

the xr11 has the 15 second flashback rewind button, Xr15 does not. time will tell if the ebay listings show the xr11 models for sale.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation