Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Regular Contributor

Re: This box or another?

Woolfman72 wrote:

The box I currently have says it  XC1-P on the front of it. 

I have a 75" Sony 4k tv. a Denon avr-s910w Which has HDMI 2.0a and is HDCP 2.2 compliant 

I know the box I have is an older box but for what I have read through multiple areas that the XG1v4 has issues with a harmony.(hopefully, I am wrong on this)  I have a Harmony Ultimate and it is a much-needed piece of my home entertainment. The reason I have been looking at all these threads is with the current update to have Pandora and Netflix my box freezes up for 3 to 4 mins at a time when trying to access either.  Do I have other better options than the current box that I have?

I have a Harmony Elite and the box works fine

Frequent Visitor

Re: This box or another?

cldlhd wrote:

Woolfman72 wrote:

The box I currently have says it  XC1-P on the front of it. 

I have a 75" Sony 4k tv. a Denon avr-s910w Which has HDMI 2.0a and is HDCP 2.2 compliant 

I know the box I have is an older box but for what I have read through multiple areas that the XG1v4 has issues with a harmony.(hopefully, I am wrong on this)  I have a Harmony Ultimate and it is a much-needed piece of my home entertainment. The reason I have been looking at all these threads is with the current update to have Pandora and Netflix my box freezes up for 3 to 4 mins at a time when trying to access either.  Do I have other better options than the current box that I have?

I have a Harmony Elite and the box works fine

thanks for the info .. They did not have any of these boxes we were given a xg1-a

New Poster

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

Not sure if I should post this here or start a new topic but since you have a similar combo to me I figured I'd ask anyway.  I just purchased the LG OLED C7P 55inch.  My X1 box is the XG2V2-S and have it hooked directly to my Marantz SR 5007 which is only 4k pass through.  I had the X1 box hooked to the receiver and then the receiver to the TV.  I wasn't impressed with the picture quality so I bypassed the received and went directly to the TV.  Picture quality was slightly better but still frustrated especially when watching sports (football disappears in in the air and forget following a hockey puck on the ice).  I purchased HDMI 2.0 wires since I had old 1.4 wires at first but problem still exists.  Was thinking to call Comcast to get the XG1V4 but sounds like this won't solve my problem.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  At this point I'm ready to return the tv since 4k content is limited and getting the Sony 900E.

Problem Solver

JoeT20 wrote:

Not sure if I should post this here or start a new topic but since you have a similar combo to me I figured I'd ask anyway.  I just purchased the LG OLED C7P 55inch.  My X1 box is the XG2V2-S and have it hooked directly to my Marantz SR 5007 which is only 4k pass through.  I had the X1 box hooked to the receiver and then the receiver to the TV.  I wasn't impressed with the picture quality so I bypassed the received and went directly to the TV.  Picture quality was slightly better but still frustrated especially when watching sports (football disappears in in the air and forget following a hockey puck on the ice).  I purchased HDMI 2.0 wires since I had old 1.4 wires at first but problem still exists.  Was thinking to call Comcast to get the XG1V4 but sounds like this won't solve my problem.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  At this point I'm ready to return the tv since 4k content is limited and getting the Sony 900E.

Did you go to the menu on the LG television to adjust the video (picture)? The set comes with Standard picture settings choosen.

New Poster

Yes, I have tried each setting with the same result even dug deeper into the menus for TruMotion and tried each of those settings as well.

Service Expert

JoeT20 wrote:

Yes, I have tried each setting with the same result even dug deeper into the menus for TruMotion and tried each of those settings as well.

I have an older Samsung 60" 3D and my XG1v2 is connected to my Onkyo and it passes the Comcast signal to my TV.  When I turn on my system, I can see that my TV is up-converting a 720p signal from Comcast to 1080p which is what my TV supports.

Can you tell whether your TV is doing any up-converting?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

JoeT20 wrote:

I got a LG65 oled in November. Routed through my Yamaha advantage box the xgv14 only offered 2160/30 fps but connected directly to my tv it showed 2160/60 fps . I ran all my hdmi's to the tv and use ARC to feed audio to the receiver. More of a hassle but the ps4 shows highest resolution, deep color etc.I also put an hd antenna in my attic and the NFL games have a  much better picture.

New Poster

Any word if these are available to existing customers yet?
Problem Solver

finnegan7678 wrote:
Any word if these are available to existing customers yet?

There are 11 pages of posts here. I take it that you read none of them.

New Poster

No I actually read every post on all 11 pages but I understand why you asked since this is a question already asked. Many say they've had what I had which is lots of calls to Comcast saying not available or not knowing what I'm asking for exists. Others have mentioned only new customers are receiving them or only via professional install.
I was hoping maybe some people would share they are having success getting the XG1v4 in some areas as existing customers. Same thing I am hoping to hear about the XB6 soon.
Frequent Visitor

I did the online chat in mid November and asked them to send me a XG1v4. The box arrived 2 days later and I installed it. 20+ year customer and didn't require professional install.

New Poster

Thanks. Couldn't get them to send to be. Yesterday local store got them in that morning so I was in luck. Wasn't able to get an Xi5 but did get them to waive the tech visit charge to have a technician come install one this week. Now to find the best settings :-)
Regular Contributor

i just had one of these new boxes installed. Where and how do you use the Bluetooth features? I don't see any options for this.

Regular Contributor

If you don't see a way to enable bluetooth it probably has not yet been added to the XG1v4 yet.  It is supposed to be added via a firmware update. 

Service Expert

Tek wrote:

i just had one of these new boxes installed. Where and how do you use the Bluetooth features? I don't see any options for this.

go to the menu "Comcast labs". you will need a wireless earphone device ready to use.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

I rebooted the box and the option appeared in Comcast Labs. 

I don't see a ton of use of this feature. I thought I could pair my phone to the box and stream music from my phone through the entertainment system.

Official Employee

Your phone isn’t considered a speaker, the Bluetooth communication is one way out.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Tek wrote:

I rebooted the box and the option appeared in Comcast Labs. 

I don't see a ton of use of this feature. I thought I could pair my phone to the box and stream music from my phone through the entertainment system.

I picked up a nice pair of Audio Technica bluetooth headphones and have watched Tv with them early in the morning when I dont want to wake anyone or when I'm watching something with colorful language. Now I usually connect them to my LG Oled TV as that way I can stream whatever I'm watching not just stuff on the box.

Regular Contributor

I received the XG1v4 today, it was easy to set up.  I have the HDMI output going through my 4K Sony receiver to my 4K Sony TV without any problems.  The sound level from the XG1v4 seems be be the same as my XG1v1.  Hopefully Comcast will update their YouTube app to 4K soon because it is currently only 1080p.

Problem Solver

pgoldberg wrote:

I received the XG1v4 today, it was easy to set up.  I have the HDMI output going through my 4K Sony receiver to my 4K Sony TV without any problems.  The sound level from the XG1v4 seems be be the same as my XG1v1.  Hopefully Comcast will update their YouTube app to 4K soon because it is currently only 1080p.

Did you purchase a 4k compliant HDMI cable to connect between the 4k DVR and your television? Comcast has not been supplying a 4K HDMI cable.

Also; how do you know your Sony AV box can pass a 4K signal? If the manual does not specifically say so, it cannot pass anything over 1080p. There is no reason you should not get You Tube for 4K programs if you are set up correctly.

The You Tube app will show a "4K" heading off to the right of "Recommended" and other headings, if it recognizes you television as 4k. You can also type in the search field (above the Headings): "4K HDR test patterns" to use for video adjustments, or show you actually viewing 4k or HDR signals.

Frequent Visitor

The XG1v4 boxes are definately doing the 4k on Youtube now. It is the first thing I checked out when I got the box in November.

Regular Contributor

bdhart64 wrote:

The XG1v4 boxes are definately doing the 4k on Youtube now. It is the first thing I checked out when I got the box in November.

How do you find 4k on Youtube with the xg1v4? I've been watching Youtube in 4k on my TV"s app.

Regular Contributor

Comcast in the kit I received supplied an HDMI cable.  I can select 4K 60fps. and my TV when I press the info button shows it is receiving a 4K signal.  I tried a system reset and YoutTube still is in the 1080p mode.  Also if YouTube detects 4K one of the top columns should have a 4K category.  I get 4K HDR through my Sony Blu-ray player on YouTube and the 4K Blu-ray discs.

Problem Solver

pgoldberg wrote:

Comcast in the kit I received supplied an HDMI cable.  I can select 4K 60fps. and my TV when I press the info button shows it is receiving a 4K signal.  I tried a system reset and YoutTube still is in the 1080p mode.  Also if YouTube detects 4K one of the top columns should have a 4K category.  I get 4K HDR through my Sony Blu-ray player on YouTube and the 4K Blu-ray discs.

You did what I was going to suggest. There may be some bugs in Comcast's interface used for You Tube. Their Netfix version seems to be working better now. Check out the You Tube test patterns to compare the two ways of viewing 4K on You Tube.

Regular Contributor

pgoldberg wrote:

I'm still not getting 4k on the youtube app, not sure why it wouldn't detect the TV as its an LG 4k Oled and thexg1v4 is plugged directly into the TV with a good audioquest hdmi cable

Contributor

cldlhd wrote:

I'm still not getting 4k on the youtube app, not sure why it wouldn't detect the TV as its an LG 4k Oled and thexg1v4 is plugged directly into the TV with a good audioquest hdmi cable

What are the video settings on the XG1V4?

Service Expert

cldlhd wrote:

pgoldberg wrote:

only netflix in UHD is currently 4k streaming for the X1.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

Cydeweyz wrote:

cldlhd wrote:

What are the video settings on the XG1V4?

16:9, 2160p60 UHD.

Regular Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

cldlhd wrote:

pgoldberg wrote:

Thanks 

Problem Solver

cldlhd wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

cldlhd wrote:

pgoldberg wrote:

Thanks 

Thank you Rusty. I was not aware the Comcast app for You Tube was not handling 4k streaming yet.

Regular Contributor

Did not have at my Comcast store.
Have tv screen freeze, pixelation, sound cut out, not all the time, all new high end 4K HDMI cables, using Bose 535 AV sound system, HDMI (ARC) using Optical Digital Cable. 5.1 sound. Picture 16:9,1080p picture and sound is great from our LG 65" C7P 4K tv.
I wanted the new XG1 v4 DVR, to swap out that may resolve my problems or another X1, I did get another X1 at the store since I was there. Store told me have to call Comcast to get the XG1v4, I did the said they will mail me one free to my house, I said, OK, it's on the way the said.
I have Netflix, but don't watch it much.
Don't really care much to see 4K, because tv looks just has good, real good and sound.
Oh! Technician was just out, said all signals good and so one, and amp booster hooked up the right way, it's ok too.
Should I keep the X1 or hook up the XG1v4 when I get it in the mail?
I know it's a matter of choice, but if the new XG1v4 DVR is going to give me the same performance or better in picture and sound with no hassle, then I'll keep the XG1v4 dvr?
Thanks!
Cyber turbo power desktop.Intel 4790k 4.0GHz.GPU-Gigabyte Geforce 1060 Windforce OC 6GB-Notebook dv6225us AMD Turion 64X2 2GB Go6150 GPU Vista Home Premuim
Service Expert

Extech wrote:
Have tv screen freeze, pixelation, sound cut out, not all the time, all new high end 4K HDMI cables, using Bose 535 AV sound system, HDMI (ARC) using Optical Digital Cable. 5.1 sound. Picture 16:9,1080p picture and sound is great from our LG 65" C7P 4K tv.
I wanted the new XG1 v4 DVR, to swap out that may resolve my problems or another X1, I did get another X1 at the store since I was there. Store told me have to call Comcast to get the XG1v4, I did the said they will mail me one free to my house, I said, OK, it's on the way the said.
Don't really care much to see 4K, because tv looks just has good, real good and sound.
Oh! Technician was just out, said all signals good and so one, and amp booster hooked up the right way, it's ok too.
I know it's a matter of choice, but if the new XG1v4 DVR is going to give me the same performance or better in picture and sound with no hassle, then I'll keep the XG1v4 dvr?
Thanks!

it's the same price, many reports it has a faster user interface, and it has bluetooth for a headset. keep the 'new'. you can use both until you watch any recordings not on your cloud DVR. (will eventually be charged for both until the return). 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Problem Solver

Extech wrote:
Thanks!

If you load the "You Tube" app found on your television using your TV's remote, you will get to see real 4 k programing. You are just fooling yourself if you think 4K upscaling actually compares to real 4k programs. Type in "4K, or 8K, HDR" in the You Tube seach field. Typing in "4K HDR test patterns" will show if you are actually viewing 4K or HDR.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply, no offense, not the answer I was looking for, I should of told you, I know about typing in YouTube and put in 4K and so on, does look fantastic on our LG TV.

Rustyben did reply about the interface about being faster, so he said he has read many reports. Thank you MNtundraRET.

Cyber turbo power desktop.Intel 4790k 4.0GHz.GPU-Gigabyte Geforce 1060 Windforce OC 6GB-Notebook dv6225us AMD Turion 64X2 2GB Go6150 GPU Vista Home Premuim
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply, I like that about the faster interface if it is true, I may keep the XG1v4, plus side, we will one step ahead on the technology, and maybe a faster interface, X1 is slow. I'll check else where in the community for the XG1v4.

Usually I don't get devices right away, I wait for the kinks are worked out, but I'll take the beating anyway.

Comcast said will get the new DVR Sat. or Monday.Not holding my breath, least will give use time to try out the X1 swap to see if we are going to have the same problems of Freezing, sound cut out ans Pixelation. Agent said if it happens on the swap X1 DVR gives us a call, and they will send another tech.out, reading on the community for years, this is a on going problem, I told Comcast that, do they care?? but this is another subject, don't want to use it for here on the comunity here, only for the new V4DVR's. Thank you Rustyben.

Contributor

Re: MX011ANM Vs XG1v4-A

Had the same problem in Spokane yesterday.

The CSR in Denver said all Washington stores have them now. Went to the local Xfinity store and the guy there said it only available for professional install by a Comcast tech. That didn't make much sense so called again. They can be self installed, they will send one and should have it in 5 to 6 business days. Of course I have to pay the $15.00 shipping fee.

Contributor

Same experience  in California, except they didn’t make me pay the shipping fee. 

Frequent Visitor

If they want to charge a $15 shipping fee, you just have to push them to waive it.

Regular Contributor

I just ask the agent when I was ordering it, do I have to pay for shipping, not, he said free shipping.
Expecting it to arrive today, UPS says end of the route.

Update: My new XG1V4 A, Boy, when UPS said end of day route, they mean it, their work time is 9:00am-8:00pm, UPS person rang the door bell 7:55pm, he said he will be out till 10:00pm, told him would not that job with all the krazy drivers out an about.

Tommorrow will be the big day for me to hook this new DVR and test run!

For some reason if it does not work out I'll hook back up my X1, which so far it has been having no problems, except like always 1 or 2 programs that I recorded and watched them today, a few spots, one spot on both recordings had the hicups, micro sound cut out same time micro pixelation, I would rewind at same spot, same thing, same spot. I read others have that problem, even swapping, and always good signal connection, Oh well! not too much of a problem, Comcast always had theis problem for years.

Regular Contributor

Okay I got my new XG1 V4-A hooked up, picture looks good, using 16:9 180p60 HD.
Isn't it supposed to give me choices like 2160 30 and 2160 60 in Video settings? Mine doesn't, just the regular setting like the X1 was giving.
My tv is a LG OLED C7p 65" using high end HDMI 4K cables new!
Or does the 2160 on show when a laptop or desktop is hooked up?
Sound sys is a Bose 535, not 4K, using the Optical Digital cable to Bose, and the 4K HDMI (ARC) cable has to go from tv to the Bose, and HDMI 4K to the Bose to the XG1 dvr.
Sounds still sounds great 5.1working.
?????? Thanks
Regular Contributor

You should have the ability to put the XG1v4 in the 4K mode when connected to a 4K TV.
Official Employee

DVR has to be in a compatible 4K port

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

Do you mean XG1, not X1,
Someone on this post forum showed the picture of the different video settings we're showing everything including 2160 resolution?
Official Employee

I think you’re confused, it’s all X1. Your 4K dvr needs to be in a compatible 4K hdmi port. A couple of times in the field, we’ve ran into an issue where the TV ports had to be manually changed to 4K in the TV’s settings, not sure if that’s the issue here or not

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

When you say compatible 4K port is that mean with the HDMI cable coming from TV to my AV sound system is that the problem?
It is no problem if it doesn't show 2160 and can't get it and if it is how it's up hooked up, that's no problem either, the interface system is faster picture looks really good on my TV so no biggie problem if some reason my system is not compatible or how I have it hooked up my main thing is that the 4K DVR doesn't have hiccups like the X1 such as freezing screen sound cut out and so on.
Official Employee

You posted above that your Bose doesn’t pass 4K, so your dvr can’t go through that, for 4K service. You’d have to go straight to the tv.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

Sorry sometimes I have hard time understanding instructions sometimes question it's just me.
RickGr4 has the same Smart TV as I have maybe he might chime in to clarify.?
Official Employee

The difference is the Bose not able to pass 4K. If you go right from 4K DVR to 4K port on your tv and audio out from TV to Bose, what happens?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

On my Sony 4K TV the input needed to be switched to the enhanced mode for a 4K source to be recognized. I also have a 4K compatible receiver and that also needed to be put in a similar mode.
Regular Contributor

Hi Rick just thought I'd catch you on this site here discussion,
I got the xg1v4 how did you get the resolutions to show up for choice of 2160 resolution? Will it show up in the DVR video display, does not show 2160, got the same TV as you got
Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More