Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity X1 remote and Link to cell

Regular Visitor

Xfinity X1 remote and Link to cell

I have X1 and Link to cell phones, while I am on the phone the volume control does not work on the remote, pausing & changing channels work. Any ideas? I have the little box and the main X1 in another room has no problems while on the phone. Also I have the cell phones plugged in near the box and I thought they were interferring and moved them and no change.

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity X1 remote and Link to cell

RosieG wrote:

I have X1 and Link to cell phones, while I am on the phone the volume control does not work on the remote, pausing & changing channels work. Any ideas? I have the little box and the main X1 in another room has no problems while on the phone. Also I have the cell phones plugged in near the box and I thought they were interferring and moved them and no change.

the X1 remote works with RF so has to be pointed to the TV to change the volume. Does the TV voume change work when not on the phone? does the TV's remote work to change volume when you are on the phone?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity X1 remote and Link to cell

no that is not the answer - it is only when I am the Link 2 Cell phones. When it use it must interfere with the signal from the remote but it only happens in one room and the other remote in the other room when on the phone works fine but that is the one with the X1 so maybe it is the extender that causes the problem

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation