Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

XRE-03044 Error

Frequent Visitor

XRE-03044 Error

Hello,

I recently noticed that I am getting this error in our bedroom box, PA PX032ANI starting a few weeks ago.  The X1 DVR box is fine.  After rebooting the bedroom unit, it will be fine for a little bit, then start freezing, sometimes displays the XRE-03044 error message, jump to previous channel, freeze, error message, rinse and repeat.

Please help.  Thank you.

Darius

Tags (2)
Expert

Re: XRE-03044 Error

renderman017 wrote:

Hello,

I recently noticed that I am getting this error in our bedroom box, PA PX032ANI starting a few weeks ago.  The X1 DVR box is fine.  After rebooting the bedroom unit, it will be fine for a little bit, then start freezing, sometimes displays the XRE-03044 error message, jump to previous channel, freeze, error message, rinse and repeat.

Please help.  Thank you.

Darius 

could you give a bit more detail? Do you just have the DVR and the xi3 companion set top boxes? What is the model number of the xg1 DVR (voice command "about"). Were you watching live TV or recording on TV? if watching a recording, did the problem happen after you ended watching it and then live TV would not start up?

Frequent Visitor

Hey Rustyben,

I only have the DVR and one STB.  The model on the X1 DVR is PA PX001ANM.  In either scenario, whether watching live TV or recording, I would get the error message during the viewing.  I have powered off the DVR for 10 secs and then back on.  The STB would be fine for a little bit and then I would get the freezes.  I would power cycle the STB after 10 secs and the symptoms to be not as bad as it was before.  However, I still get the same message, a 3044, a 3056, and one more that I dont remember at the moment.

Official Employee

That's a tuning error code, you should have a tech out to troubleshoot the frequency that (those) channels are coming in on.

Expert

renderman017 wrote:

Hey Rustyben,

I only have the DVR and one STB.  The model on the X1 DVR is PA PX001ANM.  In either scenario, whether watching live TV or recording, I would get the error message during the viewing.  I have powered off the DVR for 10 secs and then back on.  The STB would be fine for a little bit and then I would get the freezes.  I would power cycle the STB after 10 secs and the symptoms to be not as bad as it was before.  However, I still get the same message, a 3044, a 3056, and one more that I dont remember at the moment. 

adding... If you don't need the component video output jacks on the DVR version you have, I'd take it to Comcast and swap for a 6-tuner DVR (not available on the Pace version 1 DVR) and also swap out your non-DVR for a model XG2 (has its own tuners). The most recent 60 hours should be stored in the cloud and available to watch on your set top boxes so you won't lose the most recent recordings.

Official Employee

Hello renderman017, where you able to get your XRE-03044 error cleared up? If not I can help.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Comcast Amir,

Not yet.  I think I may visit the local Comcast Store to see if they have the equipment mentioned above for a swap out.

Darius

Frequent Visitor

Hey RustyBen,

Do I need to swap out both component at the same time or can I swap out one at a time? I guess I can call the local store to see if they have it in stock or is it standard hardware now currently stocked? I use HDMI for my output and so I would definitely switch out.  The recent 60 hours, do recordings from last year if they are within 60hrs, will they be kept or does the 60 hours include recent recordings that are in the trash?  I had disconnected the STB to possibly swap out but havent had time to go to the local Comcast shop.

Darius

Gold Problem Solver

Darius,

I suggest that you reread ComcastAndrews post.

Swapping out your gear will probably NOT solve the problem.
Expert

renderman017 wrote:

Hey RustyBen,

Do I need to swap out both component at the same time or can I swap out one at a time? I guess I can call the local store to see if they have it in stock or is it standard hardware now currently stocked? I use HDMI for my output and so I would definitely switch out.  The recent 60 hours, do recordings from last year if they are within 60hrs, will they be kept or does the 60 hours include recent recordings that are in the trash?  I had disconnected the STB to possibly swap out but havent had time to go to the local Comcast shop.

Darius

hi, as rick said do let Comcast check your connections especially if the new equipment does not fix the problem. I was 'adding' re: equipment capability/versions and ability to record locally 6 channels at one time.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you RustyBen, RickGr4, ComcastAndrew, ComcastAmir.  

I will swap out for new equipment (to have increased recording capability) and have a tech out to check the out the issue.  I will then report back with an update.

Thanks again for all of the advice.

Darius

Official Employee

You're welcome renderman017, did swapping out the equipment fix your issue? 

New Poster

PIXELATION and error code XRE03044. Replace the two top boxes reboot refresh and talk to tech supporrt sevral times. Xfinity does not have a fix for this problem

Expert

wrote:

PIXELATION and error code XRE03044. Replace the two top boxes reboot refresh and talk to tech supporrt sevral times. Xfinity does not have a fix for this problem

on what do you base your statement? a Comcast Official Employee said it is a tuning error and that a tech should be dispatched to the home to determine the local signal problems and get it fixed.