Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,873,400

members

785

online

28,953

topics

Top

XR2 Remote not working

New Poster

XR2 Remote not working

My remote only changes channel and allows me to do nothing else! Not even turn the tv on... I just got my cable today. I tried putting all the possible codes for the TV manufacture and also the code they provide 'Can't Find Your Code' nothing works! Helps ASAP!!
Gold Problem Solver

Re: XR2 Remote not working

Hmmm you are the second person today complaining about this. I don't think we know exactly what is going on here. You might want to stay tuned to this forum. I am sure someone will post something right after we know what the fix is.

 


Jamal913 wrote:
My remote only changes channel and allows me to do nothing else! Not even turn the tv on... I just got my cable today. I tried putting all the possible codes for the TV manufacture and also the code they provide 'Can't Find Your Code' nothing works! Helps ASAP!!



 

 

New Poster

Re: XR2 Remote not working

Same exact problem. This is not the first time I've had this issue with my X1 system. The remote will only change channels using the up/down button. Can't access DVR, the guide, nada. Not a happy camper as this is the 7th or 8th time that I've had issues with this X1 platform.
New Poster

Re: XR2 Remote not working

Got my X1 today.  X2 remote has same problems.  Can only select channels nothing else.  Called support was told "Wait 24hrs, it will fix itself." Not convinced.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XR2 Remote not working

Be patient. Comcast knows....

 


WHHinVA wrote:

Got my X1 today.  X2 remote has same problems.  Can only select channels nothing else.  Called support was told "Wait 24hrs, it will fix itself." Not convinced.




Bronze Problem Solver

Re: XR2 Remote not working

Try reprogramming your remotes here - http://customer.comcast.com/remotes/

 

Good luck to all - hopefully this will solve your problems.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XR2 Remote not working

Jim,

I just heard about this issue today but it sounds like it could be a bigger issue. We haven't heard enough about it yet.

 

RG


manamok wrote:

Try reprogramming your remotes here - http://customer.comcast.com/remotes/

 

Good luck to all - hopefully this will solve your problems.




 

 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: XR2 Remote not working

I know - but the OP was a new install today and couldn't turn his/her TV on or off with the remote.  I was hoping that reprogramming it would solve that problem.

New Poster

Re: XR2 Remote not working

Tomorrow came, did not magically fix itself.  However the following DID work.  Relinked the X2 remote to box. Reprogrammed the remote several times, finally found a code that did work.

 

Now if I could just get more than channels 801-809 that would ne nice.

Problem Solver

Re: XR2 Remote not working


WHHinVA wrote:

Tomorrow came, did not magically fix itself.  However the following DID work.  Relinked the X2 remote to box. Reprogrammed the remote several times, finally found a code that did work.

 

Now if I could just get more than channels 801-809 that would ne nice.


try to turn off auto hd tune. There are some problems with remotes right now but yours is one that has been going on a while.

New Poster

Re: XR2 Remote not working

Yup....I can change the channels by using the channel up or down and the volume. No other button works. I also tried using the Xbox One guide to change the channel and it would not. I would like to watch tv that I am paying for and no one can offer a solution.

 

Valued Contributor

Re: XR2 Remote not working


creynolds0628 wrote:

Yup....I can change the channels by using the channel up or down and the volume. No other button works. I also tried using the Xbox One guide to change the channel and it would not. I would like to watch tv that I am paying for and no one can offer a solution.

 


It would appear that the CH+/- and VOL+/- keys are the only keys processed directly by an X1 DVR.  The remaining keys are processed via Comcast servers (the CLOUD).  Apparently, your box is having difficulty communicating with the cloud via it's internal modem.  I would call Comcast and schedule a service call.  If you wish, you can check the signal levels at your box as follows:

 

1. Hold down exit button for more than 5 seconds
2. Press the down arrow twice
3. Press 2
4. Down to system and right arrow to page 5 of 9
Downstream received should be between 8 and -8
Downstream SNR should be over 35
Upstream Power should be between 35 and 51

 

Please report the signal levels indicated.

New Poster

Re: XR2 Remote not working

I have the same issues...and the techs cannot figure it out.   three tech visits so far. 

New Poster

Re: XR2 Remote not working

snr is 35

 

I dont see any of the other types of information you reference..what are the onscreen lables?

Problem Solver

Re: XR2 Remote not working

with a snr at 35 you have noise in the line somewhere..

New Poster

Re: XR2 Remote not working

Thanks..what is the normal level of SNR...of note, the 35 was in 'red'

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: XR2 Remote not working


altabesie wrote:

Thanks..what is the normal level of SNR...of note, the 35 was in 'red'


Look at post #12 in this thread.

Problem Solver

Re: XR2 Remote not working


manamok wrote:

altabesie wrote:

Thanks..what is the normal level of SNR...of note, the 35 was in 'red'


Look at post #12 in this thread.


To the other person the specs shown are for Comcast as a whole. Good techs will tell you that anything under 37 shows signs of line noise enough to cause issues with two way communication. The software on your box needs consistent clean signal to do its job in a reliable manner!

 

If Comcast re wired your home than it is most likely somewhere in their network. If you wiring has been there for a while you could check to make sure you have no lose (open ended) active wiring in secondary rooms. Some older homes have connectors attached to the wires coming out of the walls. those tiny copper conductors are like mini antenna's that can pickup unwanted signals.

 

I hope that this enough to get started with. Just a piece of advice you can call billing and add a plan that covers inside wiring, it is cheap! Then you sit back and watch someone do this stuff!

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 27597 views
  • 5 kudos
  • 9 in conversation