Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

XR2 R2 Audio Device Codes

Frequent Visitor

XR2 R2 Audio Device Codes

Are there any auido device codes for the X1's XR2 R2 remote other than the ones listed here? Or a way to scan for codes for an audio device like you can for a TV? I have a Vizio sound bar and haven't been able to find a code for it. 

Thanks

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XR2 R2 Audio Device Codes

sound bars usually have no codes as they are not recievers especially the new x1 box it is so new there is much out there for it

Frequent Visitor

Sorry, I'd forgotten I programmed my old xfinity remote to work with my sound bar using EFC codes as described here. What would be the method for programming the XR2 R2 using EFC codes? Doing "Hold Setup (2 blinks) - 994 - Setup - 00169 - Vol Up - Should get 2 blinks" I get  1 red blink, then 1 green and it doesn't work. However "Hold Setup (2 blinks) - 11144 (2 blinks)" is accepted by the remote and programs the volume down button to toggle TVOL on the sound bar.

Silver Problem Solver

I am really sorry but unless someone from the x1 team in no one here can help you.  that box is new and still rolling our in test markets.

Frequent Visitor

Ok, well thank you for your responses. I've tried various combinations of pressing setup entering the code, pressing the desired button, etc. to no avail.

Hopefully someone from comcast will provide this information before long. Sound bars (and other devices that require programming EFC codes manually) must be fairly common. I'm very happy with the X1 Platform so far aside from this one issue. The software on the old boxes has changed so little in the last decade or so that this feels like a massive leap forward.

Silver Problem Solver

some have reported not being happy with x1 as its missing some basic features, like it telling you when you have a recording conflict and no way to move forward by day in the guide.  

as for the sound bar issue, go to the top of the page here and type in sound bar see all the threads that come up, many have had no success getting the remote to work.  

Frequent Visitor

I just got my X1 set up yesterday so I haven't had time to discover any serious problems but so far I haven't found anything huge missing. Some small sacrifices are acceptable to me in exchange for the massive interface improvements and tons of small new features (for example displaying the rotten tomatoes rating of a movie, 16:9 guide, automatic HD channel swapping, etc.). Not being able to move forward by day in the guide is unfortunate, but then the search has been improved so much that it isn't bothering me. Not showing conflicts doesn't sound good though. The comcast tech who installed my box told me it has 6 tuners built in (despite them not all being available right now) so hopefully conflicts will be very rare soon.

I've done a lot of searching for the sound bar and haven't found anything helpful yet, but really this is a problem for any device you'd need to use EFC codes for and I'm sure there's a way to program EFC codes into the remote. Using the setup code 11144 let's me turn TVOL on and off but I haven't gotten any further than that.

Regular Contributor

Draxus, thank you for your post. We're happy to hear you're enjoying some of the new features. We will share your feedback regarding day skip and recording conflicts with the product management team. 

The user guide contains a subset of set up codes for televisions and audio devices. You can find the complete list for the XR2 remote here: 

http://media2.comcast.net/anon.comcastonline2/support/help/faqs/remotes/XR2_RemoteControl_rev_122911... 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

ComcastKaraT wrote:

http://media2.comcast.net/anon.comcastonline2/support/help/faqs/remotes/XR2_RemoteControl_rev_122911... 

It appears that link's document only contains TV codes?  : (

Regular Contributor

Falters - Apologies - here are the audio codes. I will work with the internal team to try to combine both documents. 

http://media2.comcast.net/anon.comcastonline2/support/help/faqs/remotes/Setup_Codes_for_Audio_Device... 

-ComcastKaraT

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your responses Kara. Unfortunately I found that document in my searches but Vizio isn't listed. I imagine this is because they don't make proper receivers. I'd just like to know how to enter EFC codes into the new remote, as this is what I had to do with my old remote and it worked just fine.

New Poster

Do you know a code for a samsung sound bar and how to program the XR2 remote?

New Poster

Awesome KaraT, thanks for that! I have a Sony sound bar and I was really disappointed for a minute that there was nothing on the instructions to program it. But holding setup and simply entering in the 1st Sony code, my sound bar now works flawlessly with my X1. Mine was installed yesterday and I am very very happy with the new interface, sleekness of the box, even the quality of the video looks better. I do tv installation for a living and I will definitely be recommending this box to my customers. Thanks again for the help!
New Poster

The tag on the back of my XR2 remote says "Version U2." The documentation only mentions versions R1 and R2.

I have a Sony AV receiver (with BluRay Disk player) model BDV-E280.  None of the Sony audio device codes listed in the document work to make the remote control the volume or power of this receiver.  It is controlling the power of my Sharp TV correctly.

Are there any additional codes for Sony AV/BD receivers?  Or a way to scan codes for audio devices after programming a TV code?

thanks!

New Poster

Hi, do you have codes for Samsung Home Theater systems?

New Poster

Still waiting for a Vizio sound bar code for the XR2 remote.
Frequent Visitor

The device codes provided earlier in this thread were exactly the same as the older non-X1 remote controllers and the same device codes that have been around for years.  In all of my discussions with Comcast, they essentially have no idea about Version R1 versus Version R2 of the XR2 remote (the install technicians were also in the dark) so the suggestion was to go visit the local Comcast store to see if they had a Version R2 controller with no guarantee that since they were so new in the Houston area, they may or may not have a Version R2.

Frequent Visitor

I'll take it all back.  The XR2 remotes provided with my install today (7/22/13 Houston, TX) of the X1 system are XR2 R2 devices but of course you need to know that the marking on the remote U2 means the same as R2 which of course is obvious to anybody (lol).  The XR2 U2 remote will control two devices, I chose the TV and A/V receiver.  The setup codes have not changed from the previous DVR system. As the R2 instructions state ( http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/xr2-xfinity-tv-remote/?p=1%20-%20Program_XR2_w... ) you first program the TV and then you repeat the process programming the A/V device. My set top box (a Motorola but marked as the Xfinity RNG150N) stays powered on all the time which even when it is off it is on - so no problem (Comcast continues to prioritize TV watching over power consumption but after all this is America).  I wonder why Comcast X1 support didn't know that U2 = R2 as marked on the provided remote but maybe since all provided remotes are R2 devices (marked as U2), they didn't know there was an R1 controller.

New Poster

I have the X1 service with the U2 version of the XR2 remote. The TV settings have been fine, but when I follow the instructions and attempt to set up an audio receiver, the remote only accepts the first 3 numbers of the code before it flashes. It never works to control the Audio device.

Also, the X1 boxes never turn off when using the remote. I have to physically get up and turn them off (1985 much?).

X1 is a great improvement, just need to solve these basic issues.

Problem Solver

TommyG_KoP wrote:

I have the X1 service with the U2 version of the XR2 remote. The TV settings have been fine, but when I follow the instructions and attempt to set up an audio receiver, the remote only accepts the first 3 numbers of the code before it flashes. It never works to control the Audio device.

Also, the X1 boxes never turn off when using the remote. I have to physically get up and turn them off (1985 much?).

The change to not turn off the box via the remote was made on purpose in a somwhat recent software update.  There are some threads that talk about it more, but it's that way for now.

Frequent Visitor

I have a Yamaha RV-V1400 AV reciever.  I used code 30176 on my XR2 V2 remote.  I get volume +/- and mute to work, but will not turn on or off with the remote.  Does anyone have a different code?  Thanks in advance!

New Poster

I just got X1 and have the X2R remote version U2. I cannot find a code for my Samsung AV device. Any ideas?  I have the sound going through thiis surround sound device and it would be nice to not have to use two remotes.

Regular Visitor

TommyG_KoP wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Had the same issue, found I had to key in the code quickly, do not pause between numbers.  It took all of my five digit code for my Denon receiver.  Comcast tech support had no idea.

Regarding turning off the box, leave it on.  Comcast is always downloading data to it.  Turning it off will cause the box to be sluggish when you turn it back on and it starts receiving data again.

New Poster

I just got the X1 with the XR2 remote version U2. I haven't been able to find the correct codes for controlling my Yamaha YSP4100 soundbar. I've used codes 30176, 30354 and 31176 but they won't power my Yamaha on or off. Has anyone found the correct codes to use?

Also, it's good that the XR2 doesn't turn off the cable box since Comcast pushes out updates often and it would be very sluggish if you turned it on every time you watched TV.
New Poster

I just got my X1 on 8/10. Has anyone found Vizio sound bar codes yet? 

New Poster

We just got our X1 boxes set up. After screwing around trying to figure out why version U2 had no instructions and having the R2 instructions fail at programming my Sony Receiver as an Audio device, I finally called Comcast for help. After 30 minutes on hold and 3 reps reading me the instructions I gave up on them an continued to play around with it.

Long story short R2=U2 as said above. Also, on Step 4, instead of using the Turn TV On/Off button to test, use the volume control to test the code functionality. You will only be able to use the All on/off power button to control both.

Also, we have an older platinum remote and it still functions with the X1 box. If you have this older remote, the +/- day still works in the guide. 

Regular Visitor

Can we get someone from Comcast to at least give us an idea when sound bars, especially the Vizio ones, be supported on the R2 remote?  For months I have been getting replies that say "soon"...

Thanks,

dale

Contributor

I have to laugh at the number of potential highjackers on this thread... We are looking for a Vizio SoundBar, so everyone posts: "Hey, do you have the codes for XYZ device?"  

Internet FAIL.

Let's get the real question answered.  The EFC codes may or may not work, but on the XR2 remote, there is likely a different process (as the process listed doesn't work).  So what is the correct process?  Giving us a link on how to enter codes - DOES NOT HELP.  Either give us the codes for the VSB, or tell us how to do the EFC process on the new remote to program individual buttons!!

New Poster

I have the xr2 version 1 remote and a Denon receiver. Which there was an audio code provided in this post.

While not optimal, I programmed my remote with the Denon audio code. I can't turn on or off the tv from remote anymore..... But can now adjust the volume...

I asked for a U2 v2 remote and the guy said he didn't know what I was talking about...anyway... A fix for now

Regular Visitor

Ran into the same issue and found re-entering my TV's code was successful in getting my Samsung TV AND my Denon receiver to both work via the remote.  The TV now turns off and on - ALONG with my receiver.  You my find you have to enter the TV code first and then the receiver or vice versa.  Can't remember the sequence I used.

New Poster

@tntfan57 do you have the v2 U2 remote ... Or the version 1 remote?
Regular Visitor

I do have the XR2 U2 remote.  I recall reading elsewhere the version 1 remote only has the capability to handle one additional device, i.e. the TV.

Regular Visitor

So no one from Comcast can even give a rough guess?  How about by Christmas????

dale

Contributor

Just to muddy up the waters a bit, I looked at the back of my XR2 remote and has a P2 version,  I then checked the other 4 remotes and I have a mixture of U2 and P2.  So what does that mean?

So far, the X1 network of 1 DVR, 3 satelites, and 3 DTA's is working reasonably well.  I still have not successfully got the monitor/receiver issue to work, but will continue to try.  I have three setups with the monitor/surround combination including a Sony overhead projector in my theater with an Integra processor for audio. 

I have heard there is a way of using the ABC buttons to advance the guide one day at a time.  If anyone know how to do this, please explain.  What is the D button used for?

Problem Solver

RDSigrist wrote:

Just to muddy up the waters a bit, I looked at the back of my XR2 remote and has a P2 version,  I then checked the other 4 remotes and I have a mixture of U2 and P2.  So what does that mean?

So far, the X1 network of 1 DVR, 3 satelites, and 3 DTA's is working reasonably well.  I still have not successfully got the monitor/receiver issue to work, but will continue to try.  I have three setups with the monitor/surround combination including a Sony overhead projector in my theater with an Integra processor for audio. 

I have heard there is a way of using the ABC buttons to advance the guide one day at a time.  If anyone know how to do this, please explain.  What is the D button used for?

They are all version 2 essentially speaking.

There is no advancing of the guide through the use of ABCD buttons or any other feature--the X1 platform doesn't support it yet.

D button can be used for different things--like clearing out last 9 shows in the Last section, or quickly deleting things from the DVR list.

Regular Visitor

looking for remote code for sharp ht-sb40 sound bar XR2 U2 remote. 

New Poster

Re: XR2 R2 Audio Device Codes (Bose Cinemate GS Series II)

Got it! Thanks tnfan57, it was your tip to "key in the code quickly, do not pause between numbers" that connected my Bose Cinemate GS Series II to my U2 XR2 Remote. BTW, it was the 31933 one that worked.

I can now turn on/off the TV with the remote, and also control my Bose. If I still want to use the TV Speakers, I can use the small Bluetooth remote that Sony gives you.

Now if I could only find an X1 device code to control the cable box with my Bose Universal Remote, anyone have one? I tried all the "Comcast" ones that came with the Bose literature, nothing.

Valued Contributor

The problem is that the "Audio Device" codes only include the 3xxxx series codes for amps and receivers.  My audio device is a Sony SACD/DVD Receiver, which requires a 2xxxx series DVD player code.  The XR2 Revision R2 remote rejects codes not beginning with a 3.

Tags (1)
Contributor

yep i'm not to happy happy happy bout this new remote with no input button on it....i mean why not have it on there to be able to switch tv inputs geez... not to mention the limitation of codes.i can turn on and use volume but it will not shut it off..being if true about remote only using 3.... codes that counts my reciever out then 

New Poster

It doesn't look like an R2 / U2 remote will shut off an audio device. I saw the same issue further down in this thread. I was able to program the remote to turn my TV on/off, but my Yamaha receiver won't turn on/off. It will control the volume and mute, but not the power. Anybody heard any solutions?

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. If the XR2 remote would just turn off the cable box, then I wouldn't have to worry about it turning off the yamaha reciever. The fact that it doesn't do either forces to make me use 2 remotes - come on, it's already 2013!

Any help appreciated.

Regular Visitor

Why can't Comcast st least give us some type of answer?  I have posted, emailed and chatted, 8 months ago I got a "We are working on it" and a "Soon"...  Come on Comcast, this isn't that hard!

Regular Visitor

Is the  KSJO, Ch 22 included in the sports entertainment package?

New Poster

I am trying to pair my Philips CSS2123B soundbar and am getting nowhere. Has anyone been successful with getting this to pair with the XR2 remote? Is there a general code I can try and scan similar to the 9-9-1 + chan. up for a soundbar?

Thank you!

Travis

New Poster

I have a Sonos Sub and soundbar I'm trying to control.  With the old infinty remote i could control the sonos system via the external speaker feature in the tv - so the sound feature in the tv controlled the audio of the sonos system.

now, the xr2 ver u2 remote will control tv power but not the sonos system via tc volume control.

how do I now control this sonos audio system?

my connectivity: cable to xfinty box, hdmi out to tv, digital audio out to my sonos system.  

Gold Problem Solver

It couldn't be easier. Just run the Playbar's setup on your phone or tablet. It will ask you to point the original TV's remote at the Playbar. The Playbar will recognize which TV you have and set itself. If you have the XR2 properly programmed to run your TV, it will now control the volume on your Playbar.

FYI, You must have a smartphone or tablet on the same WiFi network with the SONOS app installed.

carlos04 wrote:

I have a Sonos Sub and soundbar I'm trying to control.  With the old infinty remote i could control the sonos system via the external speaker feature in the tv - so the sound feature in the tv controlled the audio of the sonos system.

now, the xr2 ver u2 remote will control tv power but not the sonos system via tc volume control.

how do I now control this sonos audio system?

my connectivity: cable to xfinty box, hdmi out to tv, digital audio out to my sonos system.  

Frequent Visitor

Re: XR2 R2 Audio Device Codes-Solution for Audio + TV Control

Important Solution Found for programming XR2 R2 Remote to control BOTH TV and Audio system!!

After numerous failed attempts to include both the audio receiver and TV in the ALL POWER function, (following the [lame] Comcast instructions on a support webpage and/or the printed sheet packed with the remote), I figured out why it would only accept "one" device (TV) but not the audio:

The Comcast instructions have you first program the "TV" function, THEN they have you do the RF/"Out-of-Sight" pairing which then allows for non-directional, radio control of the cablebox and also isolates the remote from other similar cableboxes that may be in the house. That's a good thing, but out of sequence.

HOWEVER, if you follow that sequence [TV>RF>Audio], the "second device" (audio) will not work because the IR signal was superceded by the RF mode, therefore the remote cannot talk [program] with the tradional audio sevice using IR control.

Summary--To program ALL POWER for both TV and Audio:

1. Program your remote for your TV control.

2. Program your remote for your audio system.

THEN....

3. Program your remote for RF function.

Plus, here's a link for the Audio Codes to use:

http://media2.comcast.net/anon.comcastonline2/support/help/faqs/remotes/Setup_Codes_for_Audio_Device...

Valued Contributor

That's an interesting observation.  You are right about the Comcast instructions.  I just substituted an audio device code in the instructions for the TV code and finally paired the device.  Exactly what you concluded.  The only problem is that those of us with audio devices that require a 20000 series code are out of luck!

Gold Problem Solver

This is great input for people that insist on using the XR2 which I don't understand. Far better options exist.

DrData101 wrote:

Important Solution Found for programming XR2 R2 Remote to control BOTH TV and Audio system!!

After numerous failed attempts to include both the audio receiver and TV in the ALL POWER function, (following the [lame] Comcast instructions on a support webpage and/or the printed sheet packed with the remote), I figured out why it would only accept "one" device (TV) but not the audio:

The Comcast instructions have you first program the "TV" function, THEN they have you do the RF/"Out-of-Sight" pairing which then allows for non-directional, radio control of the cablebox and also isolates the remote from other similar cableboxes that may be in the house. That's a good thing, but out of sequence.

HOWEVER, if you follow that sequence [TV>RF>Audio], the "second device" (audio) will not work because the IR signal was superceded by the RF mode, therefore the remote cannot talk [program] with the tradional audio sevice using IR control.

Summary--To program ALL POWER for both TV and Audio:

1. Program your remote for your TV control.

2. Program your remote for your audio system.

THEN....

3. Program your remote for RF function.

Plus, here's a link for the Audio Codes to use:

Bronze Problem Solver

DrData - I discovered this on my own - as you did.  I'm glad you posted the tip for other folks to use.  Well done.