Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

XR15 remote

New Poster

XR15 remote

My XR15 remote is working for all tv controls (power, input, volume etc) but will not work with cable controls. I can't change channels, access recordings or On Demand and voice operation is disabled as well. Any suggestions?
Expert

Re: XR15 remote

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue.  New 4K DVR came with the new remote.  paired the remote...set it up for my tv and soundbar..all work...Hold the voice button...i see the light turn the chirp...the tv says listening...but nothing just disappers after I talk and let go of the button... I repaired it with the box same issue...

Expert

@leogetz8888 wrote:

I am having the same issue.  New 4K DVR came with the new remote.  paired the remote...set it up for my tv and soundbar..all work...Hold the voice button...i see the light turn the chirp...the tv says listening...but nothing just disappers after I talk and let go of the button... I repaired it with the box same issue...

did you bring the remote near your mouth and speak to the top front surface (can speak softly but that is where the speaker is located)? free remote is available at your xfinity store

Regular Contributor

You could try factory reset.

Official Employee

@leogetz8888 wrote:

Try resetting the dvr