Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XR15 remote - change to IR

Frequent Visitor

XR15 remote - change to IR

I have a XG1v4-A DVR with XR15 remote and a Logitec Harmony One Universal Remote. I set up the Harmony One for the XG1v4 using the Logitec application. For what ever reason the skip forward and back buttoms do not work and there are no buttons in the Harmony One application for the A,B,C and D buttons on the XR15. I could to "Teach" the Harmony One (you know, pointing the remotes at each other and pressing buttons), but it looks like the XR15 only throws IR on the volume and power buttons. Wondering if there is a way to turn on IR for the rest of the buttons.

Service Expert

Re: XR15 remote - change to IR

GetYourSailOn wrote:

I have a XG1v4-A DVR with XR15 remote and a Logitec Harmony One Universal Remote. I set up the Harmony One for the XG1v4 using the Logitec application. For what ever reason the skip forward and back buttoms do not work and there are no buttons in the Harmony One application for the A,B,C and D buttons on the XR15. I could to "Teach" the Harmony One (you know, pointing the remotes at each other and pressing buttons), but it looks like the XR15 only throws IR on the volume and power buttons. Wondering if there is a way to turn on IR for the rest of the buttons.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Buttons controlling the X1 box are either all IR or all RF.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Buttons controlling the X1 box are either all IR or all RF.

So the answer to my question is No.  There is no setting I can change on the XR15 to change the buttons that control the X1 STB (in this case a XG1v4-A) from RF to IR. 

Official Employee

GetYourSailOn wrote: So the answer to my question is No.  There is no setting I can change on the XR15 to change the buttons that control the X1 STB (in this case a XG1v4-A) from RF to IR. 

Correct, the remote either has the technology or it doesn't. You can always pick up another remote from a local Comcast service center at no additional cost. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastAmir wrote:

GetYourSailOn wrote: So the answer to my question is No.  There is no setting I can change on the XR15 to change the buttons that control the X1 STB (in this case a XG1v4-A) from RF to IR. 

Correct, the remote either has the technology or it doesn't. You can always pick up another remote from a local Comcast service center at no additional cost. 

Could you help me out and tell me exactly what I need to ask for when I go to the service center?   I'm looking for a remote to control the XG1v4-A using IR.  

Official Employee

GetYourSailOn wrote: Could you help me out and tell me exactly what I need to ask for when I go to the service center?   I'm looking for a remote to control the XG1v4-A using IR.  

First let's try holding down the set up button and press 987 to get on IR.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Service Expert

ComcastAmir wrote:

GetYourSailOn wrote: Could you help me out and tell me exactly what I need to ask for when I go to the service center?   I'm looking for a remote to control the XG1v4-A using IR.  

there is no setup button on the xr15 remote. is there an easteregg to change input that code?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

ComcastAmir wrote:

The Remote is an AR15.  The AR15 does not have a reset button.  It is not yet listed on the Xfinity site.  Check xfinity.com/support/remotes/

I've attached a picture of the remote for your convinence.  

IMG_20171212_080048.jpg
Service Expert

The Info bujtton serves as the Setup.

It's documented in the manual that came with the remote.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Press and hold the xfinity and Info buttons for five seconds. Wait for the remote light to change from red to green".  A bit confusing.  

In neither place does it discuss using the info button alone to setup and / or change the XR15.  Nor does it mention changing the remote from RF to IR.  I am sure that's not a regular request.  

I guess I can give it a try - hold Info and xfinity then put in code 987 to see it it changes.   If I get it changed from RF to IR and I want to go back to RF do I use the same code 987?  

Official Employee

GetYourSailOn wrote:

Press and hold the xfinity and Info buttons for five seconds. Wait for the remote light to change from red to green".  A bit confusing.  

In neither place does it discuss using the info button alone to setup and / or change the XR15.  Nor does it mention changing the remote from RF to IR.  I am sure that's not a regular request.  

I guess I can give it a try - hold Info and xfinity then put in code 987 to see it it changes.   If I get it changed from RF to IR and I want to go back to RF do I use the same code 987?  

Hold A and D for 5 seconds and then press 981 (to remove all codes) or 987(just to undo the RF pair). Note:removing RF pairing takes the ability to use Voice Commands away

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Service Expert

GetYourSailOn wrote:

I just glanced at the link;  I don't have an XR15 to test with.  At least there IS a way to get to the Setup function.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

The instructions with the XR15 I just received, along with the XG1v4 STB, mention about using the voice command button and it should work.  It doesn't.  The first thing that comes up on the new STB is "What language do you prefer?"  I had no way to pair the remote to answer this first question.  I had to google how to pair the XR15 remote in order to figure it out.  Typical Comcast, really bad instructions, for someone who has never used an XR15 before, and has no idea about there being no setup button.

Service Expert

Just an FYI:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Hold the A and D button for about 5 seconds then press 9-8-1 remote will unpair from the cable box (RF to IR)
470EA8E8-C13A-491B-B5EF-74EF41E112D9.png
Labels
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 in conversation