Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

XR15-UQ remote won’t power on Yamaha RXV-661 receiver

New Poster

XR15-UQ remote won’t power on Yamaha RXV-661 receiver

I have a Yamaha RXV-661 receiver that I’d like to turn on and off with the XR15 power button in addition to contolling the audio volume. I’ve tried all of the remote codes - a few of them (31176, 32061, 30376 and 31815) will control the audio volume and turn the receiver off, but none of them will turn the receiver on. The remainder of the codes either do nothing or control only the audio volume.

Is there a way to get the remote to power on the receiver?

Expert

Re: XR15-UQ remote won’t power on Yamaha RXV-661 receiver

@ClydeG wrote:

I have a Yamaha RXV-661 receiver that I’d like to turn on and off with the XR15 power button in addition to contolling the audio volume. I’ve tried all of the remote codes - a few of them (31176, 32061, 30376 and 31815) will control the audio volume and turn the receiver off, but none of them will turn the receiver on. The remainder of the codes either do nothing or control only the audio volume.

Is there a way to get the remote to power on the receiver?

did you try searching for the receiver code using the remote procedure to try all the codes stored one at a time? in this case you would turn the receiver on first and find a code that turns off the receiver.