Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XR15 Remote reviews

Most Valued Poster

XR15 Remote reviews

OK so how about some reviews of the new XR15 remote. Should I go pick one up? How is it better? How is it worse? Now I see why they removed the B button there doesn't seem to be any B button on the new remote.

Service Expert

Re: XR15 Remote reviews

wrote:

OK so how about some reviews of the new XR15 remote. Should I go pick one up? How is it better? How is it worse? Now I see why they removed the B button there doesn't seem to be any B button on the new remote.

not better not worse just different. ABCD buttons are on the remote.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

The B button is right under PG DN. Pick one up and decide for yourself, just like anything else, there will be differing opinions

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert

wrote:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Most Valued Poster

Stopped by my local store and they didn't have any XR-15 remotes. Said only got a few and they were attached to new HD boxes. So I'll try back in a week and see if they received a shipment of just remotes by then.  :>)

Official Employee

Yeah,right now they’re packaged with Xi5 and XG1V4

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Probably one of the worst remotes I’ve ever used. They forgot why people use the remote and focused on how they want you to use the remote. Not sure who designed it but it’s has lots of issues with buttons that don’t work consistently, volume and channel up too far forward makes you drop the remote when you adjust volume. The backlighting turns off before you can read the much smaller text on the buttons. Some aren’t even backlit like the ABCD. Pretty bad...

Most Valued Poster

Janskiw  want to agree with you. I just received the XR15 remote and was totally disappointed. So I gave it to someone else in the house to use. I like the old style that is easier to use the buttons in the dark and use without looing at the remote. Yes the XR15 is smaller which is nice and they told me at the store it will use less batteries but it just doesn't  work easily if I'm not looking at it. 

New Poster

XR15 Remote reviews - TERRIBLE REMOTE!

By far, THE most user UNfriendly remote control I have ever had the displeasure of using.  Such an incredible step backwards.  I'll just mention a few glaring problems, as I don't have all day.  Most of the buttons you had on the last version on the XR11 Voice remote are gone or unlit.  No Setup button and XR 15 remote is NOT listed in HELP on Xfinity TV screen - you have to call in.  SOME buttons are replaced with tiny, unlit, barely raised nubs - for example -ABCD.  The POWER button is TINY, flat and the same color as the entire remote - cannot be seen without searching for it.  LAST button has been replaced by an Arrow.  Menu/Info has been replaced by an I.  VOICE button is TOTALLY black unless you raise the remote properly. The infra red (if that's the correct terminology) is slanted upwards so that you have to fight to get the remote to conect with the box - my entire system has been controlled by infra red for years with no problems until now.  All of the buttons are barely raised, the same color as the remote and slightly but not really backlit.  It's a total chore to use and I want my old remote back, please.  My husband can't use this one. 0 stars out of 10.

Service Expert

Re: XR15 Remote reviews - TERRIBLE REMOTE!

@MMcElwrath wrote:

By far, THE most user UNfriendly remote control I have ever had the displeasure of using.  Such an incredible step backwards.  I'll just mention a few glaring problems, as I don't have all day.  Most of the buttons you had on the last version on the XR11 Voice remote are gone or unlit.  No Setup button and XR 15 remote is NOT listed in HELP on Xfinity TV screen - you have to call in.  SOME buttons are replaced with tiny, unlit, barely raised nubs - for example -ABCD.  The POWER button is TINY, flat and the same color as the entire remote - cannot be seen without searching for it.  LAST button has been replaced by an Arrow.  Menu/Info has been replaced by an I.  VOICE button is TOTALLY black unless you raise the remote properly. The infra red (if that's the correct terminology) is slanted upwards so that you have to fight to get the remote to conect with the box - my entire system has been controlled by infra red for years with no problems until now.  All of the buttons are barely raised, the same color as the remote and slightly but not really backlit.  It's a total chore to use and I want my old remote back, please.  My husband can't use this one. 0 stars out of 10.

I only use the XR11 remotes with my X1 4k DVR.  They should be free at your nearest Xfinity Store. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 6 in conversation