Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

XR15 Remote pairs with the wrong box

New Poster

XR15 Remote pairs with the wrong box

I'm trying to pair my XR15 to my basement X1 box but it keeps trying to sync with my upstairs X1 Box.

When it finally asks for the 3 digit code, I cannot enter the numbers. They do not display in the 3 boxes on screen.

Official Employee

Re: XR15 Remote pairs with the wrong box

@rcapple wrote:

I'm trying to pair my XR15 to my basement X1 box but it keeps trying to sync with my upstairs X1 Box.

When it finally asks for the 3 digit code, I cannot enter the numbers. They do not display in the 3 boxes on screen.

You may have to hold the remote right up to the face of the box that you are trying to pair to

New Poster

That doesnt work for me. I have the remote touching the correct box and the 3 boxes keep showing up on the tv all the way upstairs.
Expert

@Clivebixby117 wrote:
That doesnt work for me. I have the remote touching the correct box and the 3 boxes keep showing up on the tv all the way upstairs.

"3 boxes keep showing up on the TV"?  

Are you saying all content is appearing on the STB connected to the TV upstairs?  If so, that is the way X1 works.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-anyroom-dvr-overview

Official Employee

Robert, read the title of the thread. The 3 boxes refer to the 3 boxes that pop up on the screen when attempting pairing remote to X1 box
Official Employee

The remotes have a strong reach, it may take a few times but keep trying