Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

XR11 code for Samsung HW-FM55 Sound Bar

New Poster

XR11 code for Samsung HW-FM55 Sound Bar

January 3, 2016 update:

My remote quit controling this morning...I went through the set up again and found NEW code for both my Panasonic TV and Samsung Sound Bar. I used TV code: 10480 and the Sound Bar code: 32660 ( I hope I did not copy them wrong).

Problem is SOLVED I can turn the sound bar on/off, control its volume and mute it. Input source still must be controled by the Samsung remote.

If I did copy the codes wrong, no problem they are on the screen as you program the remote.

The above did not fix my original problem...I had to reset the DVR. All is 100% great now.

I just got X1 with the XR11 remote. All has gone fine until I tried setting up volume control for my Soung Bar. I tried codes 21014, 20045, 31949, 31950, and 32609 to connect to my Samsung HW-FM55 Sound Bar. Each of the 4th number in the above code bliks red (code not accepted).

I have tried entering the codes both after the TV pairing sequence and directly without going through the pairing setup.

Anyother codes to try? Any other suggestions?

Until then I will have to use two remotes, one for Xfinity and one for the sound bar.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: XR11 code for Samsung HW-FM55 Sound Bar

So i had the same issue trying to get the 3 series codes on the XR11 remote.  This is a brand new remote.  So I just used the code for manually scanning (991) and after about 85 presses of the channel up button it turned off my Samsung Soundbar - mine is a J450

All Replies
Expert

One suggestion, in case you hadn't tried it:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XR5-and-XR11-quot-Voice-Remote-quot-Code-Lists/td-p/2550616

You can search this board for sound bar.

New Poster

So i had the same issue trying to get the 3 series codes on the XR11 remote.  This is a brand new remote.  So I just used the code for manually scanning (991) and after about 85 presses of the channel up button it turned off my Samsung Soundbar - mine is a J450

New Poster

To get a Samsung soundbar to work with a Comcast remote hook up the HDMI cable to the “ARC” HDMI from the tv to the Soundbar. Then set up the code for for your TV NOT the Soundbar. This will enable the Xfinity remote to control the volume on the soundbar

Example: I had a Panasonic tv bought a Samsung Soundbar Connected the soundbar to the tv using the arc hdmi from soundbar to tv then pressed “A” on my X1 remote. Go to remote setup and follow the instructions for TV SETUP ignoring the “auto device setup” basically ARC hdmi makes your soundbar part of the TV therefore requiring you to setup a “new tv” for the X1 remote to control the volume.
Expert

closed 2 year old thread