Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

XR11 Voice Remote

New Poster

XR11 Voice Remote

Excited that I just received the new X1 voice remote, until I tried to program it to control my TV and audio receiver. Something that was a simple function of the XR2 remote cannot be performed by the new XR11. After programming the TV and receiver codes, I hit the "All power" button to shut everything down, and it worked fine. When I hit the same button to turn everything back on, it only turned the audio receiver on. An online chat with a Comcast rep provided me with an answer: The new voice remote can only control the set-top box and one other device. So, the fancy new voice remote does not have the same basic functionality of the old XR2 remote. If all devices are powered off and I hit the "All power" button, the set-top and audio receiver come on, and then I have to hit the TV power button to turn the TV on. Not a lot of extra work, but, again, that extra step wasn't necessary with the old remote. Apparently, the voice control provides one step forward and two button pushes back. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XR11 Voice Remote

You might want to go back over the programming. My XR11 controls both my 3 year old Panasonic plasma TV and my 1 year old Marantz AV receiver just fine...

cmurph08005 wrote:

Excited that I just received the new X1 voice remote, until I tried to program it to control my TV and audio receiver. Something that was a simple function of the XR2 remote cannot be performed by the new XR11. After programming the TV and receiver codes, I hit the "All power" button to shut everything down, and it worked fine. When I hit the same button to turn everything back on, it only turned the audio receiver on. An online chat with a Comcast rep provided me with an answer: The new voice remote can only control the set-top box and one other device. So, the fancy new voice remote does not have the same basic functionality of the old XR2 remote. If all devices are powered off and I hit the "All power" button, the set-top and audio receiver come on, and then I have to hit the TV power button to turn the TV on. Not a lot of extra work, but, again, that extra step wasn't necessary with the old remote. Apparently, the voice control provides one step forward and two button pushes back. 

Expert

Got an email today about the XR11.  It can now speak back.

"

Find shows and channels by saying things like:
"NBC" "When's the next Phillies game?"
"More shows like Chicago Fire" or, our favorite, "Minions!"
Get recommendations by asking:
"What's on tonight at eight o'clock?" "What's trending?"
or "What should I watch?"
Even control your DVR with commands like:
"Rewind" "Pause" or "Record Game of Thrones"
Or just have some fun!
Now when you speak "Minionese" into your voice remote, Stuart,
Kevin and Bob will talk back! Say "Booyah!" or "Banana!"
and see what happens."
Frequent Visitor

Like Rick said you would probably want to try reprograming the remote. First, I'd do a factory reset.

If the buttons on your voice remote from XFINITY (model XR11) are still unresponsive, you may need to perform a factory reset. To perform a factory reset:

1. Press the Setup button until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
  2. Press 9-8-1.
  3. The LED will blink green twice to indicate that the remote was reset.

After the factory reset is complete, you'll need to re-pair your remote with a set-top box. See XFINITY Remote: Pair Your Remote with Your Set-Top Box for details.

Frequent Visitor

Re: XR11 Voice Remote ALL POWER issue

I have the XR11 v2 that supports both TV and audio devices simultaneously. I have an issue with this ALL POWER BUTTON with my XR11 voice remote. It did seem to work perfectly (power both TV and Audio together) at least briefly when I first setup the remote but then stopped. I have tried to factory reset 9-8-1 and also clear tv/audio setting 9-8-6 and then re-program the remote again, but it still doesn't work. I have a Toshiba TV (10156) and a Vizio sound bar (32454). When I have only the TV code installed in the remote the ALL POWER button turns the TV on/off perfectly. But when I add the Vizio audio code, the the ALL POWER then only controls the sound bar power and I have to use the TV POWER button to turn the TV on/off. All other functions work as expected. I am considering trying to get a replacement remote to see if there is a defect with the one I have, but I am thinking it is more likely a Comcast software issue with the remote.

BTW- I have another XR11 voice remote that works fine with ALL POWER on another X1/XG2 box w/ Toshiba TV with Onkyo audio surround. It powers both the TV and audio on/off together just fine.

Expert

Replace the remote?

Frequent Visitor

Got a new remote but it behaves the same. The model is the XR11 v2-UTU. Same as I had previously. I had hoped I might get a v3 version of it ...as I had read another post here about that and how it worked for one person's tv & audio, where the v2 did not. I think the problem is a programming conflict between the Toshiba tv code 10156 and the Vizio sound bar audio code 32454. If I just program the tv code in the remote, the ALL POWER BUTTON works with the TV. As soon as I program the audio code into the remote, then the ALL POWER then only works with the sound bar audio to turn it on/off and I have to use the TV POWER button to turn the tv on/off. All other functions work as expected on both devices, so it isn't too big of a deal. With my old silver comcast remote I was able to progam it with 994 EFC codes and customize it for the Vizio. It still actually even works with the new X1 XG2 box and so I can continue to use it.

Regular Contributor

have you tried adding the Visio first?, using other remote that works on other tv/sound bar?, Using 991 method to program the sound bar?

Seach for it.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the suggestions.

Yes if I add the Vizio code first, then add the Toshiba TV code second, it deletes the Vizio code. Seems TV must be added first and audio code second.

I tried using the 991 manual search method. Same result.

Expert

teddmf wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions.

Yes if I add the Vizio code first, then add the Toshiba TV code second, it deletes the Vizio code. Seems TV must be added first and audio code second.

I tried using the 991 manual search method. Same result.

You are correct.  The online pairing instructions walk you through TV first and then ask for a/v setup.

BUT, you have to have and XR8 adapter if you are pairing an RNG150.