members

online now

discussions

XR11 Remote Pairing Problems

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

XR11 Remote Pairing Problems

I just traded my X1 cable box in for another due to problems with old one. I received a new XR11 remote which works fine but the XR11 I had will not pair with the new box to control it. It does however control my TV and stereo just not the cable box. I have 2 remotes succesfully paired, is there a limit to how many remotes you can pair with the cable box?

Accepted Solution

Re: XR11 Remote Pairing Problems

I solved the problem by unpairing the remote by pressing setup untill the led turnd green and entering 981. After doing this it controlled the cable box. I had to reprogram the TV and receiver but now all work fine. Thanks to this forum I was able to find the answer I needed.

View answer in context
Regular Visitor

I solved the problem by unpairing the remote by pressing setup untill the led turnd green and entering 981. After doing this it controlled the cable box. I had to reprogram the TV and receiver but now all work fine. Thanks to this forum I was able to find the answer I needed.

Service Expert

gary811 wrote:

I just traded my X1 cable box in for another due to problems with old one. I received a new XR11 remote which works fine but the XR11 I had will not pair with the new box to control it. It does however control my TV and stereo just not the cable box. I have 2 remotes succesfully paired, is there a limit to how many remotes you can pair with the cable box?

press setup until the remote LED changes from red to green. press the Xfinity button then type the numbers on the TV screen.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Yes I tried that many times but it didn't work. Resetting the remote did the trick. Thanks for replying
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation