Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

XR11 Remote Battery Replacement

Contributor

XR11 Remote Battery Replacement

How to remove batteries from XR11 rfemote case.  I do not want to damage the remote case; but it is very difficult to remove the back cover.  Suggestions?  Is there a manual for the case or video on how to replace he batteries?

Expert

Re: XR11 Remote Battery Replacement

afja_lm139 wrote:

How to remove batteries from XR11 rfemote case.  I do not want to damage the remote case; but it is very difficult to remove the back cover.  Suggestions?  Is there a manual for the case or video on how to replace he batteries?

flip remote over in your lap. put black end pointed to your left. locate flat line on battery case and press down a bit on it and slide to the right. reverse to reinstall the cover.

Contributor

Never mind.  Got it.  The case is very tight but the battery panel comes off faily easy using a knife blade.

Contributor

The case felt a bit slick and removing it was nearly impossible using my fingers.  I pressed and tried but my thumb just slipped by; but it did want to open so I just put a blade in and helped it along.  Maybe it was just too slippery. Thanks anyway; most remotes are easy to open.

New Poster

Thanks, you really helped this Senior out.......thanks for being there.