Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XG1v4 requires reboot

Valued Contributor

XG1v4 requires reboot

Anyone else with an XG1v4 (4k Set top) need to reboot it every time you turn it on? Mine puts out a black screen and no audio if the TV/AVR have been off for a while. It IS putting out black video or else my AVR and TV would say no signal. After an unplug and replug everything works fine until I leave the TV off overnight again.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: XG1v4 requires reboot

The only thing I can think of is check the Power Saver setting (I have mine set to off) or HDMI link in Comcast labs

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

enroberts wrote:
Anyone else with an XG1v4 (4k Set top) need to reboot it every time you turn it on? Mine puts out a black screen and no audio if the TV/AVR have been off for a while. It IS putting out black video or else my AVR and TV would say no signal. After an unplug and replug everything works fine until I leave the TV off overnight again.

By any chance do you have a Sony 4K television? They seem to have similar problems to yours.

Make sure you update the television to current versions. If the television is brand new, it most likely is missing the latest updates.

Also; setting the cable-box to "always on" is go advice for this particular problem.

Valued Contributor

Nope. Not a Sony. It's not the TV or the AVR. Everything is up to date. This is a cable box issue for sure. All of my boxes are set to stay on all the time.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

If you are outputing 2160 from the v4 I would guess you are having HDMI handshake issues especially with the AVR involved.  

Can you cure the problem if you simply switch to another HDMI input then back to your v4?  Next, suggest you try connecting the v4 directly to the TV to see if you still see the problem.  

Also try setting box out to 1080i both direct to TV and through AVR.  If that works reliably then it is an HDMI issue that needs further study, possibly a better HDMI cable.  You should 

use a "Premium CERTIFIED" HDMI cable with any 4k gear to provice maxium reliability whether you are sending HDR content which requires it, or SDR content which doesn't.

Black output from the v4 (not no signal) is a pretty certain HDMI issue where the TV doesn't like the signal it is getting.  When you you restart the box,  the box and your TV negoatiate a

new "Handshake" which fixes it until there is another change in the HDMI that "breaks" the chain.  I have seen this on my v4 connecgted to 4k OLED.

Valued Contributor

I 100% agree that this is a handshake/hdcp issue. All my cables are 2.0 compliant from Audio Quest. I've tried different cables, bypassing the AVR, changing inputs, and more. The only thing that was resolving the issue was a hard reboot of the box. Looks like I got an update 2 days ago because it worked fine yesterday. I'll test it again today but the right folks at Comcast are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation