Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,859,736

members

929

online

29,205

topics

Top

XG1v4 black screen

Regular Contributor

XG1v4 black screen

Came home from work yesterday, switched AVR to the XG1v4 input and got sound from surround speakers but no video just black screen. Could not bring up guide or menu, nothing. Tried switching inputs on AVR, tried reseating hdmi cables on both ends. No change. Had to pull the power plug for 10 seconds to get service back.

 

This morning watched some 4k Olympics. Then switched AVR to HTPC for a few hours. When I switched back to XG1v4 input, got no sound and no video. Again, only way to restore is pull the power plug for 10 seconds.

 

Looks like I have to put this thing on a remote controlled AC Power switch. Had this box for only one week. Required hard reboot twice in the past 24hrs.

Service Expert

Re: XG1v4 black screen

I got a black screen because the power brick was not completely plugged in at both ends.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 black screen


@tzr916 wrote:

Came home from work yesterday, switched AVR to the XG1v4 input and got sound from surround speakers but no video just black screen. Could not bring up guide or menu, nothing. Tried switching inputs on AVR, tried reseating hdmi cables on both ends. No change. Had to pull the power plug for 10 seconds to get service back.

 

This morning watched some 4k Olympics. Then switched AVR to HTPC for a few hours. When I switched back to XG1v4 input, got no sound and no video. Again, only way to restore is pull the power plug for 10 seconds.

 

Looks like I have to put this thing on a remote controlled AC Power switch. Had this box for only one week. Required hard reboot twice in the past 24hrs.


I know we all like the way our S.S. A/V used to control everthing flawlessly. But for my Samsung 3D UHD tv, the Comcast box goes to the tv. Everything else off the tv. Ended up following the Samsung manual directions. Murphy's Law: "When all else fails. Read the directions.". It ended up working for me.

Service Expert

Re: XG1v4 black screen


@MNtundraRET wrote:

@tzr916 wrote:

Came home from work yesterday, switched AVR to the XG1v4 input and got sound from surround speakers but no video just black screen. Could not bring up guide or menu, nothing. Tried switching inputs on AVR, tried reseating hdmi cables on both ends. No change. Had to pull the power plug for 10 seconds to get service back.

 

This morning watched some 4k Olympics. Then switched AVR to HTPC for a few hours. When I switched back to XG1v4 input, got no sound and no video. Again, only way to restore is pull the power plug for 10 seconds.

 

Looks like I have to put this thing on a remote controlled AC Power switch. Had this box for only one week. Required hard reboot twice in the past 24hrs.


I know we all like the way our S.S. A/V used to control everthing flawlessly. But for my Samsung 3D UHD tv, the Comcast box goes to the tv. Everything else off the tv. Ended up following the Samsung manual directions. Murphy's Law: "When all else fails. Read the directions.". It ended up working for me.


The new UHD TV's have enough HDMI ports to do this.  That is what I plan to do when I get mine.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 black screen


@RobertWy wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@tzr916 wrote:

Came home from work yesterday, switched AVR to the XG1v4 input and got sound from surround speakers but no video just black screen. Could not bring up guide or menu, nothing. Tried switching inputs on AVR, tried reseating hdmi cables on both ends. No change. Had to pull the power plug for 10 seconds to get service back.

 

This morning watched some 4k Olympics. Then switched AVR to HTPC for a few hours. When I switched back to XG1v4 input, got no sound and no video. Again, only way to restore is pull the power plug for 10 seconds.

 

Looks like I have to put this thing on a remote controlled AC Power switch. Had this box for only one week. Required hard reboot twice in the past 24hrs.


I know we all like the way our S.S. A/V used to control everthing flawlessly. But for my Samsung 3D UHD tv, the Comcast box goes to the tv. Everything else off the tv. Ended up following the Samsung manual directions. Murphy's Law: "When all else fails. Read the directions.". It ended up working for me.


The new UHD TV's have enough HDMI ports to do this.  That is what I plan to do when I get mine.


The real problem here is the conflicts found between new Samsung "Any Net" control and the older Sony "ARC" control.

 

Somewhat similar to finding ways to deal with Comcast Gateways and competing router/modems and WiFi router/modems. Proprietary technology and patents get in the way.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 457 views
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation