Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,748,024

members

27

online now

1,906,551

discussions

Back to Top

XG1v4 TV Box

Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

My TV has a better scaler so I kept mine at 1080p60.  Not worried about Netflix for the box since my TV it built in.

 

Rustyben wrote:

adding...

would an xg1v4 that has a 4K TV attached put their set top box in 1080p mode then type on the remote exit exit exit 2160  - did that put the set top box in 2160p mode?

Hmm, not sure since I never tried this method.  To double verify, check the input resolution on the TV itself.  I did it the normal way by going to the access settings and devices settings on the XG1v4 itself and selecting the resolution from the drop down.

Service Expert

Re: XG1v4 TV Box


Sango2 wrote:

My TV has a better scaler so I kept mine at 1080p60.  Not worried about Netflix for the box since my TV it built in.

 

Rustyben wrote:

adding...

would an xg1v4 that has a 4K TV attached put their set top box in 1080p mode then type on the remote exit exit exit 2160  - did that put the set top box in 2160p mode?

Hmm, not sure since I never tried this method.  To double verify, check the input resolution on the TV itself.  I did it the normal way by going to the access settings and devices settings on the XG1v4 itself and selecting the resolution from the drop down.


it will be great to know if it works for future 'help' needs.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

So the new people to comcast get the box but your loyal customers are treated like second class?
Official Employee

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

They are more readily available than they were at first release, check at your local service center if they're available in your area yet.



Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

Does the XG1v4 box have HDR?  For example is anyone watching Stranger Things 2 in HDR10 on the XG1v4?

Official Employee

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

Not right now, possibly in the future



Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Service Expert

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

adding.. 

http://4k.com/news/meet-comcasts-new-x1-4k-uhd-hdr-dvr-box-its-finally-coming-19842/

 

FCC specs appear to show that HDR10 is part of the XG1v4 and netflix offers HDR as part of their UHD format per the netflix site (if the TV supports it and the handshake between TV and set top box and Netfilx completes successfully).




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box


Rustyben wrote:

adding.. 

http://4k.com/news/meet-comcasts-new-x1-4k-uhd-hdr-dvr-box-its-finally-coming-19842/

 

FCC specs appear to show that HDR10 is part of the XG1v4 and netflix offers HDR as part of their UHD format per the netflix site (if the TV supports it and the handshake between TV and set top box and Netfilx completes successfully).


Stranger things HDR is Dolby Vision.  Does the XG1v4 convert to HDR10?  Or do you get SDR?

Regular Contributor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

They wanted to charge me $29.99 the ship the box to my home!? Are they crazy, they are replacing a box with obsolete technology to a newer box that wil accommodate my needs fr being able to enjoy 4K. Why on earth would they charge for that.
Service Expert

Re: XG1v4 TV Box


KK_in_CT wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

adding.. 

http://4k.com/news/meet-comcasts-new-x1-4k-uhd-hdr-dvr-box-its-finally-coming-19842/

 

FCC specs appear to show that HDR10 is part of the XG1v4 and netflix offers HDR as part of their UHD format per the netflix site (if the TV supports it and the handshake between TV and set top box and Netfilx completes successfully).


Stranger things HDR is Dolby Vision.  Does the XG1v4 convert to HDR10?  Or do you get SDR?


Last I read is that Netflix provides what the handshake reports as compatible. Neflix provides highest level available (the HDR10 is open source).




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

I have had an XG1-A V4 for about a week now. I thought I should chime in with an early review.

The good:

1. I set the box to 2160/60 resolution and I have left it there. The picture quality is better than the XG1-A V3. There is less noise and artifacts. Color saturation is better. Graphics are sharper and clearer. Contrast is better. Even the guide looks better.
2. Netflix works great in 4K UHD and Dolby Digital + audio is available.
3. The sound quality is better. More open and spacious.
4. The XG1-A V4 is MUCH faster responding to the remote. I might replace all of my X1 boxes with the new box simply because of how much faster it is.

 

The bad:


1. The XG1-A V4 has issues with receiving IR remote commands. You have to point an IR remote directly at the box. I plan to take some time troubleshooting this issue but I haven't been able to get to it.

Service Expert

Re: XG1v4 TV Box


RickGr4 wrote:

I have had an XG1-A V4 for about a week now. I thought I should chime in with an early review.

The good:

1. I set the box to 2160/60 resolution and I have left it there. The picture quality is better than the XG1-A V3. There is less noise and artifacts. Color saturation is better. Graphics are sharper and clearer. Contrast is better. Even the guide looks better.
2. Netflix works great in 4K UHD and Dolby Digital + audio is available.
3. The sound quality is better. More open and spacious.
4. The XG1-A V4 is MUCH faster responding to the remote. I might replace all of my X1 boxes with the new box simply because of how much faster it is.

 

The bad:


1. The XG1-A V4 has issues with receiving IR remote commands. You have to point an IR remote directly at the box. I plan to take some time troubleshooting this issue but I haven't been able to get to it.


is there a bluetooth option in Comcast labs? if so, did you try it out?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

My phone says it paired with something but the XG1-A V4 does not indicate that it paired with anything.

At this point I see absolutely no additional functionality. It should be noted that I am not a big Bluetooth fan so I don't really care.

 


Rustyben wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

I have had an XG1-A V4 for about a week now. I thought I should chime in with an early review.

The good:

1. I set the box to 2160/60 resolution and I have left it there. The picture quality is better than the XG1-A V3. There is less noise and artifacts. Color saturation is better. Graphics are sharper and clearer. Contrast is better. Even the guide looks better.
2. Netflix works great in 4K UHD and Dolby Digital + audio is available.
3. The sound quality is better. More open and spacious.
4. The XG1-A V4 is MUCH faster responding to the remote. I might replace all of my X1 boxes with the new box simply because of how much faster it is.

 

The bad:


1. The XG1-A V4 has issues with receiving IR remote commands. You have to point an IR remote directly at the box. I plan to take some time troubleshooting this issue but I haven't been able to get to it.


is there a bluetooth option in Comcast labs? if so, did you try it out?


 

Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box


RickGr4 wrote:

My phone says it paired with something but the XG1-A V4 does not indicate that it paired with anything.

At this point I see absolutely no additional functionality. It should be noted that I am not a big Bluetooth fan so I don't really care.

 


Rustyben wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

I have had an XG1-A V4 for about a week now. I thought I should chime in with an early review.

The good:

1. I set the box to 2160/60 resolution and I have left it there. The picture quality is better than the XG1-A V3. There is less noise and artifacts. Color saturation is better. Graphics are sharper and clearer. Contrast is better. Even the guide looks better.
2. Netflix works great in 4K UHD and Dolby Digital + audio is available.
3. The sound quality is better. More open and spacious.
4. The XG1-A V4 is MUCH faster responding to the remote. I might replace all of my X1 boxes with the new box simply because of how much faster it is.

 

The bad:


1. The XG1-A V4 has issues with receiving IR remote commands. You have to point an IR remote directly at the box. I plan to take some time troubleshooting this issue but I haven't been able to get to it.


is there a bluetooth option in Comcast labs? if so, did you try it out?


 


You want to pair your remote, not your phone, with the cable box. It's very easy to do...Press the "setup" on the remote until the light changes color and then press the "xfinity" remote button and wait for the pairing number to appear on the screen.

 

FWIW -- the IR is buggy on my box too, but once I paired the remote and it began using RF, everything was fine with the remote.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

Of course I have my XR11 remotes correctly paired to the XG1-A V4 box.

We are talking about pairing other devices...............

FYI, the X1 remotes use Zigbee not Bluetooth...............

FYI #2, I am not a big fan of the X1 remotes because they are far too simple for my needs. I use 3rd party universal remotes so IR receiving performance is important.

 


vadeltachi wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

My phone says it paired with something but the XG1-A V4 does not indicate that it paired with anything.

At this point I see absolutely no additional functionality. It should be noted that I am not a big Bluetooth fan so I don't really care.

 


Rustyben wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

I have had an XG1-A V4 for about a week now. I thought I should chime in with an early review.

The good:

1. I set the box to 2160/60 resolution and I have left it there. The picture quality is better than the XG1-A V3. There is less noise and artifacts. Color saturation is better. Graphics are sharper and clearer. Contrast is better. Even the guide looks better.
2. Netflix works great in 4K UHD and Dolby Digital + audio is available.
3. The sound quality is better. More open and spacious.
4. The XG1-A V4 is MUCH faster responding to the remote. I might replace all of my X1 boxes with the new box simply because of how much faster it is.

 

The bad:


1. The XG1-A V4 has issues with receiving IR remote commands. You have to point an IR remote directly at the box. I plan to take some time troubleshooting this issue but I haven't been able to get to it.


is there a bluetooth option in Comcast labs? if so, did you try it out?


 


You want to pair your remote, not your phone, with the cable box. It's very easy to do...Press the "setup" on the remote until the light changes color and then press the "xfinity" remote button and wait for the pairing number to appear on the screen.

 

FWIW -- the IR is buggy on my box too, but once I paired the remote and it began using RF, everything was fine with the remote.


 

Regular Visitor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

I received a new XG1v4 yesterday.  After connecting it and waiting for a few minutes, the TV screen went black.  I thought maybe it was doing an update, so I let it alone.  I realized it was not working, so I unplugged, waited 30 seconds, plugged it back in.  I got a set up screen that confirmed my phone number to activate the box.  Then it went through the normal startup cycle, but froze at the point of loading my TV channels.  Called Comcast and the agent was very unaware of this box.  She sent signals and tried multiple things, but she had no luck and said I had to schedule a tech to come out.  She insisted I would have to pay $60.  Eventually, she said she would not charge the fee, but I have to wait until next Saturday for a tech to come out.

 

Is there a way to trouble shoot this box with someone who is trained on this specific box?  Do these boxes need to be provisioned differently than the older boxes?

New Poster

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

Can a harmony remote connect to this box or is it just RF remotes?

Service Expert

Re: XG1v4 TV Box


ScottDep wrote:

Can a harmony remote connect to this box or is it just RF remotes?


Why not try to find the box in the Harmony setup?  I have a Harmony for one of my older XG1 DVR's.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 TV Box


ScottDep wrote:

Can a harmony remote connect to this box or is it just RF remotes?


Sorry but your question in vague. Can a Harmony remote control an X1 box using IR signals...? Yes it can.

However the Zigbee protocol the X1 boxes use for RF communication appears to be locked down.

Care to provide more details about what you are trying to accomplish?

Contributor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

Just got one sent to me from Xfinity. Wow is this thing small. Setup as easy. Works a little snappier than the XG1V3 it replaces. Posted some pics of the size diff. They also sent me the new XR15 remote.
CC2B0656-A188-4073-BE14-9A6A09AE4441.jpeg
185AC661-61A5-473B-B54E-6C0B98A1C8FC.jpeg
Service Expert

Re: XG1v4 TV Box


TimC69 wrote:
Just got one sent to me from Xfinity. Wow is this thing small. Setup as easy. Works a little snappier than the XG1V3 it replaces. Posted some pics of the size diff. They also sent me the new XR15 remote.

for support 'test' I've asked several customers with new xg1v4 to test this. With remote exit exit exit 720 (will put in 720p mode). Then the test: exit exit exit 2160 (does it put the box in 2160p mode?)




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

Changes to 720 but not back to 2160. New XR-15 remote is pretty nice.
Service Expert

Re: XG1v4 TV Box


TimC69 wrote:
Changes to 720 but not back to 2160. New XR-15 remote is pretty nice.

cool! thank you for testing the possible Easter egg command.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

I’m just trying to figure out where the replay button is on the new XR-15 remote.
Official Employee

Re: XG1v4 TV Box


TimC69 wrote:
I’m just trying to figure out where the replay button is on the new XR-15 remote.

Replay was removed from the XR15, use Voice Commands-

"Rewind XX minutes" or "Fast Forward XX minute"

 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-Remotes/td-p/2860262

 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Service Expert

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

adding.. I think the question is about the 15 second quick rewind - will really miss that feature




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

adding.. I think the question is about the 15 second quick rewind - will really miss that feature
____________
You're correct and that's what my answer referred to, if you need to get technical say "rewind 15 seconds" or "rewind 60 seconds" instead of "rewind 1 minute". If you don't have the XR15, nothing's changed. The rest of my answer referred to additional voice commands.



Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

If anyone's curious I was able to extend an external Bluetooth speaker about 65-70 feet outside away from the dvr before the sound started cutting out and becoming distorted. As always, your personal equipment may vary.



Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

Can the Pg buttons be used for skip forward and back? If so, is there a code to adjust those times? As far as the whole package, is it currently worth the effort to upgrade, or just not enough 4k content to justify at this time?

Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

To get 4K programing on Neflix would cost about $14/mo. + tax paid to Netflix. I don't find a way to test 4K programing on the Netflix app. Depending on what cable-box you currently have, the new box may raise your current monthly rate another $15. + a month too.

 

You Tube Red, and Amazon Prime app, both have sample programs or previews allowing someone to actually see 4K programing to assure your current UHD tv and broadband service can get the the 4K broadcast. I have no problems getting 4K from You Tube, or Amazon Prime app with DLS optical cable and less broadband speed than recommended by Comcast for Netflix 4K. Of course I was one of a handful to successfully use their "Ultra HD Sampler" app for all programing they ever loaded on the app, including Rio Olympics in HDR/4k. They recommended much more broadband speed in that case too.

 

My current plans are to stick with 4K apps using my Samsung 3D UHD television using DSL optical broadband and no need for Comcast equipment. I hope Netflix comes up with a way for us to actually test a 4K offering without the need to sign up and give credit card information before verifying a 4k broadcast will actually work for my setup.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

Not sure I agree with you tundra.

I already pay for Premium Netflix so that part doesn't matter. When set to 2160/60p resolution the V4 box has a better picture than the V3 on ANY CONTENT. 4K Netflix looks great and I have encountered programs with DD+ audio. Also the V4 is much faster and quicker responding to the remote.

Now that I have had a V4 for a little over a week I would tell people they want the V4 box even if they don't have a 4K TV or Netflix. It is EASILY the most desirable X1 box. I believe people would notice the improved picture quality even on a 1080p TV set.
Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

Rick:

 

It's nice to hear the 4k box works fine for you. It was nice to see your recent posts concerning the new cable-box. Finally a post from a knowledgeable user.

 

I have never felt the need for a DVR cable-box, so it would cost me more to switch right now. I can wait a while until they finally get 4K linear programing. I have many options for additional 4K over broadband. My Cisco RNG 150N box still works for me. Although; it requires a reset every month or two. It tends to lock up if the remote is not aimed directly at it.

Contributor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

I agree. Just replaced the V3 with the V4 box. Much quicker, I like the minimalistic design and the XR-15 remote is a nice upgrade. Glad to see Comcast take the lead on making these devices smaller.
Contributor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

I just got this box and love it. But have one issue that i need help with. When i try to set it to the best picture quality (uhd) a message pops up that says that i must be plugged into hdcp 2.2. All my hdmi ports are 2.2 so not sure what i am doing wrong.
Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

4K signals require a "4K HDMI" cable. It is higher speed and covers more frequencies. I purchased mine at Best Buy for about $20 on sale in 2016.

 

Are you using one for the connection between cable-box and tv?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

Greatbuys,

Exactly what TV are you using? How old?

Do you have a AV receiver involved? If so, which one and how old is it?
Contributor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

Thanks  ,

I was using an older HDMI cable. Off to purchase a new HDMI 4K cable. Thanks so much!!~ 

Official Employee

Re: XG1v4 TV Box


greatbuys4less wrote:
I just got this box and love it. But have one issue that i need help with. When i try to set it to the best picture quality (uhd) a message pops up that says that i must be plugged into hdcp 2.2. All my hdmi ports are 2.2 so not sure what i am doing wrong.

Did you get a message regarding HDCP? or HDMI ? You didn't answer about if you were running right to the tv or using AV equipment. I would check that before buying amy new HDMI cables

 

A pretty good recent article that explains HDCP 2.2

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurnane/2017/10/23/upgrading-to-4k-hdr-tv-what-you-need-in-additio...

 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

I am running HDMI cable directly from Cable box to tv. And yes I did get a message about HDCP needing to be 2.2 for ports. Thanks!

Contributor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

I changed to an 4K HDMI cable and it is working great! Thanks!

Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

Thank you for the reply. Please mark my earlier reply as solved.

Regular Visitor

Re: MX011ANM Vs XG1v4-A

I have the XG1V4 hooked to a Sony XBR 930D with a Monster HDMI cable and I can not get Netflix in 4K thru the Comcast app.  I do get Netfilx 4K thru the TV using the internet.  I do have the Premium Netflix package. I have tried different cables and HDMI ports without success.  Do you have any suggestions?

Problem Solver

Re: MX011ANM Vs XG1v4-A

Those Monster cables tend to be a waste of money. How old is the cable? The cable might not be a 4k cable meeting specifications for passing a 4k signal.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: MX011ANM Vs XG1v4-A

Monster makes good products however you need to verify the age and spec of the cable you are using. It needs to be high speed.

 

If the Monster cable you are using is more than 3 years old, it could easily be the cause of your issue (as any other brand of three year old cable could be).


MNtundraRET wrote:

Those Monster cables tend to be a waste of money. How old is the cable? The cable might not be a 4k cable meeting specifications for passing a 4k signal.


 

 

Official Employee

Re: MX011ANM Vs XG1v4-A


ggibson864 wrote:

I have the XG1V4 hooked to a Sony XBR 930D with a Monster HDMI cable and I can not get Netflix in 4K thru the Comcast app.  I do get Netfilx 4K thru the TV using the internet.  I do have the Premium Netflix package. I have tried different cables and HDMI ports without success.  Do you have any suggestions?


I had a co-worker told me yesterday about an issue with a 4K Sony(unknown model) while installing the DVR. The Netflix wouldn't show up as 4K until he went into the Sony tv settings and had to set the HDMI port manually to 4K and then reset the DVR and all was good. Something to try.




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Re: MX011ANM Vs XG1v4-A

I checked and the HDMI port is set to Enhanced 4K.  I tried the Comcast supplied HDMI cable and it still does not work.  I guess my next step is to to get a new HDMI cable and try that.

Official Employee

Re: MX011ANM Vs XG1v4-A


ggibson864 wrote:

I checked and the HDMI port is set to Enhanced 4K.  I tried the Comcast supplied HDMI cable and it still does not work.  I guess my next step is to to get a new HDMI cable and try that.


Also not mentioned in your original post, did you change the default 720p video display to 2160? 

 

Xfinity button to Gear symbol to Device Settings, scroll down to Video Display, press OK, and choose the resolution. 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Re: MX011ANM Vs XG1v4-A

I purchased a new HDMI 4K cable with HDR support and rebooted everything and I now have 4K Netflix but no HDR.  Is the Netflix HDR not active yet?  It does work using my internet connection.  Thank you!

Official Employee

Re: MX011ANM Vs XG1v4-A

HDR is not active on the DVR. Could be a future addition.



Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Re: XG1v4 Arris TV-box (UHD tv testing)

Hi MNtundraRET. We are currently deploying the XG1v4 via self install kit. These are available in limited quantity. You can learn more about this box's 4K capabilities here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/

 

Also, please let us know if you're interesting in upgrading to this. 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon