Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

XG1 Gone?

Regular Contributor

XG1 Gone?

Evening,

I had a XG1v1 DVR that I swapped for the new 4K XG1v4.  Long storyshort. I have HDMI over Ethernet extenders in my house that are subject to EMI. The XGv1 had no issue with the extenders. The new box does not like them as much. 

I went to the Xfinity store, which always has 15 people waiting and 2 employees working, to attempt to get another Xg1v2 or v3. To my surprise they only have the 4k XG1v4 boxes.

Are the XG1 DVR boxes prior to the v4 4K box still available?

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: XG1 Gone?

Yes, it will be delivered by UPS. You will also be receiving an email regarding the tracking number to your preferred email address. I will try and update you with the tracking number as well once one is available. 

All Replies
Official Employee

Hi Tek, 

Yes they are, if you are interested in receiving another feel free to reach out in a private message and I can help get one shipped to you if you'd like? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks. Are they new XG1v3 boxes or are they refurbished?

Official Employee

I'm not sure. It would be whatever comes from the warehouse and is available in your area. Unfortunately, we don't make requests new vs. refurbished equipment. Sorry I can't provide a more definite answer. 

Regular Contributor

I am check two more Xfinity Stores in my area and then I will let you know.

All stores seems to have XG1v4.
Official Employee

Ok, sounds good. Let me know. 

Regular Contributor

I sent you a private message going over what is going on. 

Official Employee

No Worries. 

Now just to confirm, you want to make sure I can get you  either a XG1v2 or XG1v3 correct? I'll go ahead and submit the request now. There will be no shipping charge associated. Would you like a return label and box for your current DVR? 

Regular Contributor

I don't need a return label. I can take it to the store because I have a broken one to return already.

I want the XG1v2 or XG1v3. 

Official Employee

Ok, I've submitted the request for the new box. I'll be reaching out over the next 3-5 days to make sure you've received it. If you need me between now and then, please don't hesitate to reach out. Chat with you soon. 

Regular Contributor

Excellent. Will I recieve it by UPS?

And will they e-mail me a confirmation? 

Official Employee

Yes, it will be delivered by UPS. You will also be receiving an email regarding the tracking number to your preferred email address. I will try and update you with the tracking number as well once one is available.