Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X11 Remote: Looking for a complete user guide

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

I'm looking for a complete User Guide to the X11 remote. So far all the help pages I have seen offer useless information. For example the Help screen says about favorites: go here to see your favorites but doesn't say how to add a favorite. Another example, one set of instructions says you can program the A, B, C, and D keys to do things but doesn't explain how to program these keys. The C key goes to sports app but I'm not interested in the sports app.

I don't want answers to the above--I want a complete giude that tells how to do everything with the X11.

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 3

hamiltonned wrote:

I'm looking for a complete User Guide to the X11 remote. So far all the help pages I have seen offer useless information. For example the Help screen says about favorites: go here to see your favorites but doesn't say how to add a favorite. Another example, one set of instructions says you can program the A, B, C, and D keys to do things but doesn't explain how to program these keys. The C key goes to sports app but I'm not interested in the sports app.

I don't want answers to the above--I want a complete giude that tells how to do everything with the X11.

Thanks for any help.

ABCD buttons can not be programmed. The sports app does use some of the buttons 'differently'. The Remote is just an input device for the X1 system and short of setting the remote to control the TV power/volume, or receiver power volume it is not programmable. Hit the A button and go to X1 Tips & Tricks to see all that the X1 can do (using your remote). There are easter eggs (30 second page up instead of 5 minutes) and hitting the up button dismisses the DVR menu on the bottom of the screen. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Highlighted
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 3 of 3

For the most part, Comcast has not provided what most people consider to be an "owners manual" for anything related to X1 however plenty of good information exists. Take a look at the links provided in the first post of this thread: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-DVR/td-p/2339755

Not sure what you read that suggested the ABCD buttons could be programmed or reprogrammed because that has never been possible. Comcast hinted at it once three or four years ago but nothing came from it.

hamiltonned wrote:

Thanks for any help.