Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 "Favorites" Guide wont display over channel 1000

New Poster

X1 "Favorites" Guide wont display over channel 1000

I had my system set up where i used the "Favorites" most of the time when I was surfing the channels.  I had 50 or so channels that I like to watch from Channel 2 to Channel 1850 (in round numbers).  On day, we had several power drops in a short period of time for some unknown reason (yes we live in a big city wiith real power company power, but we have lots of drops).  When the power went off and back on again, something got messed up with our system.  When it came back up, all the channels above (in round numbers) Channel 800 were gone.  I could go to the "All Channels" Guide mode and see all the channels, and see all the channels that were set as favorites.  I could to to any channel and watch it, so the channels worked.  It turned out that through experimentation, I found that I could delete the channels that were flagged as favorites and re-add them as favorites, and then the Guide Favorites view would include them.  This worked all the way up the scale, until right after the Cmcast Employee Channel, Channel 999 (as I recall).  Once I went past there, that trick would not work anymore.  Nothing I coudl do would make favorites show up past the Employee Channel.  The Comcast guys came out and swapped boxes, but even after re-syncing, it did not fix the problem.  In my mind, this points to a glitch in some data that was uploaded to the cloud and then put backi into the new box.  The problem shows up on all boxes in my house.  We have done all the unplugging and commanded RESETs possible, and we cant get the Favoriites Guide VIew back.

After we had the box replaced, all the programs older than 60 days old that were on my old X1 box are now good.  They were either not backed up to the cloud, or there is some reason that they were not uploaded to my new X1 box.  Suggestions?

Tags (3)
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 "Favorites" Guide wont display over channel 1000

This is a new feature by Comcast, not a glitch in the cloud or any other problem with your box or power.  Many of us don't like this change, but what can you do? 

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation