New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 not schedule recording new series

ANSWERED
Contributor

X1 not schedule recording new series

Hello,

I just realized last night as I was recording several new series. The X1 box wasn’t confirming it would record upcoming episodes. Usually it takes a few seconds and the system would refresh and I would see the 3 red dots on the scheduled new episodes. But I had to mainly go to each episode to schedule rather than X1 schedule recording of new episodes by default.

I’m not sure if DVR features are being stripped from consumers but I would like to be aware or if there is something going on with my X1 box. It’s worse that I can’t even schedule recordings from the mobile Xfinity Stream app due to the ongoing patent issue.

I’ve resetted both X1 boxes and the problem still exists.

Thanks.
Accepted Solution

Re: X1 not schedule recording new series

I haven’t heard anything but After playing around with setting recordings, set your recordings like you normally would, and sync your dvr, the schedule will reflect the upcoming recordings. I was able to do that with each example. Not the way it’s supposed to work but it works. It took a minute or two for the schedule to update after sync.
To sync dvr
Xfinity button to Gear Symbol to Device Settings to Sync DVR and press Ok
View answer in context
Official Employee

bruistopher wrote:
Hello,

I just realized last night as I was recording several new series. The X1 box wasn’t confirming it would record upcoming episodes. Usually it takes a few seconds and the system would refresh and I would see the 3 red dots on the scheduled new episodes. But I had to mainly go to each episode to schedule rather than X1 schedule recording of new episodes by default.

I’m not sure if DVR features are being stripped from consumers but I would like to be aware or if there is something going on with my X1 box. It’s worse that I can’t even schedule recordings from the mobile Xfinity Stream app due to the ongoing patent issue.

I’ve resetted both X1 boxes and the problem still exists.

Thanks.

Can you give an example of what you were trying to record?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

@ComcastAndrews

Sure.

Just this morning I tried to set up a recording series for ESPN’s SportsCenter With Michael And Jemele. The box confirmed I set the series but when I went to look at the episode listing I didn’t see the 3 red dots confirming the recording. Also when I go to the “Scheduled” section of the X1 interface I didn’t see any mention of the scheduled episodes for the series.

So I manually set up the recording via episode listings and hit “Just this episode”.

Thanks.
Official Employee

bruistopher wrote:
@ComcastAndrews

Sure.

Just this morning I tried to set up a recording series for ESPN’s SportsCenter With Michael And Jemele. The box confirmed I set the series but when I went to look at the episode listing I didn’t see the 3 red dots confirming the recording. Also when I go to the “Scheduled” section of the X1 interface I didn’t see any mention of the scheduled episodes for the series.

So I manually set up the recording via episode listings and hit “Just this episode”.

Thanks.

Thanks for the example, I was able to replicate it. If you have other examples, please let me know.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Valued Contributor

Andrew,

I have the same problem.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Series-recording-issue/td-p/3034249

Trying to record Black Lightning on the CW. Doesn't appear to affect existing recordings.

Official Employee

I was able to replicate yours and others I tried. I’ve sent it up for someone to look at but with the holiday today, I don’t expect a response. Hopefully tomorrow, I’ll keep you posted

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

I haven’t heard anything but After playing around with setting recordings, set your recordings like you normally would, and sync your dvr, the schedule will reflect the upcoming recordings. I was able to do that with each example. Not the way it’s supposed to work but it works. It took a minute or two for the schedule to update after sync.
To sync dvr
Xfinity button to Gear Symbol to Device Settings to Sync DVR and press Ok

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

@ComcastAndrew

Thanks. That fixed it, it seems and I see the the future scheduled recordings on the Xfinity Stream app also. It wasn’t like that earlier today.

Today’s episode of SportsCenter With Michael and Jemele that I was having issues with recording didn’t make it to the Cloud. But it’s on my X1 box.

I had to cancel a series recording for one of the TV Shows “A Vet Life” that I set up last night. But just now as soon as I went back to setup the series again. The refresh happened quickly and I saw it would record the future episodes

I hope it gets fixed and these patent issues are resolved soon. I kinda miss remotely setting recordings on my iPhone using the Xfinity Stream app.

But thanks anyway, ComcastAndrew Smiley Happy
Official Employee

This morning it looks like everything is back to normal.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Valued Contributor

ComcastAndrew wrote:
This morning it looks like everything is back to normal.

It's not. I tried to record the resident on fox and the issue continues.   The auto sync is not working. Temporary solution is to manually sync although I should not have to do that.

Official Employee

I was not able to replicate that, although it took about 10 seconds for the red dots to show in the guide

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation