New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 issues are getting worse

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 7

I switched to the X1 boxes (2 DVR and 1 non-DVR) sometime back. All three were working perfectly until a few months ago. The non-DVR box in the bedroom started getting the 'something's not quite right' message (I call it pink screen of death). I did the suggested remedies many, many times and still nothing. So I turned that box in and got a replacement. Voile! Problem solved. Until the next morning....   So in the master bedroom we use an antenna instead of the X1 service we pay for.

Now this morning the main TV in the living room got the dreaded 'something's not quite right' message. Last night both the main living and the family room worked fine. I don't know what else to do. Does something happen on these nightly X1 resets/updates/whatever they are? 

Can I switch back to the old boxes? Never had an issue there.

6 REPLIES
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 2 of 7

Forgot to add - we have had issues with several of the channels. The picture is scrambled and unwatchable. Some of the channels are TLC, FoodNetwork, Golf Channel and a few others. From time to time they are OK but more often than not, they are not.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 3 of 7
Sounds like you have poor signal related issues.

Contact Comcast and have them send a tech out to investigate the signal levels.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 4 of 7

I am experiencing the same issues with this new box hddvr I just switched to Comcast from Directv and I never had to reset the hddvr in the 7 yrs with direct, but have had to reset this comcast box at least a dozen times due to picture skipping and pixelating sound skipping extremely frustrating!!!

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 5 of 7

Please read the post just above yours...

mantiz wrote:

I am experiencing the same issues with this new box hddvr I just switched to Comcast from Directv and I never had to reset the hddvr in the 7 yrs with direct, but have had to reset this comcast box at least a dozen times due to picture skipping and pixelating sound skipping extremely frustrating!!!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 7

Wow, no advice from a Comcast employee? I guess I don't pay enough each month to garner any attention. 

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 7 of 7
This is primarily a user to user forum. Comcast employees participate in this forum on a casual basis.

They may or may not respond...