Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

X1 dvr cable box code needed to program Bose audio remote

New Poster

X1 dvr cable box code needed to program Bose audio remote

Just had the new X1 DVR installed and need the cable box code for this unit to program my Bose Audio remote control. Anyone know what the code might be?

New Poster

Re: X1 dvr cable box code needed to program Bose audio remote

I need the code too..good luck finding it. I sure can't!

Problem Solver

New Poster

Did you ever find this code?? I can't find it. Thanks
New Poster

I've serched the entire internet with no hope, so I called Bose and they had a code for the X1 but the remote would not recieve it so the rep from Bose said that my remote must be an old one and that he would ship one out free of charge, so just give them a call and they will take care of it in a typical Bose fashion.

New Poster

sjaxs4, what was that code that Bose gave you please? I'd like to try it.

Contributor

I went the other route, and proramed the Comcast remote to run my Bose Lifestyle. 

Code 31933 to Aux set the power on/off

Setup flashing and then code 993 and AUX to make aux the primary volume

Only thing odd was that if you hit vol to soon as "all on" is turning on, it will sut off the Bose.

Patience is what I need and to teach my family.  Otherwise it is working great!

PS - you need to turn on IR in the Bose set-up so it will recognize the Comcast remote.  Have you done that?

New Poster

Bose remote code : 01982

Works for the Arris box
Regular Visitor

So did the new remote work? thx!

Contributor

31229 works for me
New Poster

I don't even have that code in the set up window for manual set up under Xfinity.  The 0182 doesn't work the full remote either  only the Guide and not the Xfinity Menu button which I want to work on the Bose remote.  Spoke to Bose who said they would work on it and provide an update???  It's been a week and still nothing.

Gold Problem Solver

If you want the Bose remote to control your X1, that falls to Bose to take care of. However other forum members have said Bose was able to provide them with a update CD that solved this problem.

If you want the Comcast XR2 remote to control your Bose there is a code for that. Esteemed forum member manamok has been controlling his Bose systems from the XR2 remote since day one. But remember you need to go into the menu of your Bose system and change the settings so it can receive infrared commands.

jahales1 wrote:

I don't even have that code in the set up window for manual set up under Xfinity.  The 0182 doesn't work the full remote either  only the Guide and not the Xfinity Menu button which I want to work on the Bose remote.  Spoke to Bose who said they would work on it and provide an update???  It's been a week and still nothing.

New Poster

01982 worded for my Bose Cinemate 1SR remote. It controls channel, menu and guide on my XFinity X1. I called Bose tech support today and that is the code they recommended
New Poster

Bose Lifeestyle 38 remote code is 1982 and can be found under Cisco.

New Poster

Thank you, but I've tried that code and it will not work the red "Xfinity" button's function to display 'on demand' or 'recorded shows' on the TV.

Expert

MattSpencer17 wrote:

Bose Lifeestyle 38 remote code is 1982 and can be found under Cisco.

X1 only accepts 5-digit codes, from the PDF.

http://x1.comcast.net/webportal/assets/pdfs/X1Platform_UserGuide.pdf

Gold Problem Solver

If you are trying to use the XR2 remote to control your Bose system, there is a code that works. Esteemed forum member Manomok has been using the XR2 remote to control his Bose systems for two years now.

If you are trying to use the Bose remote to control your X1 box, your Bose system may need an update and other forum members have told us that Bose support is aware of the update...

jahales1 wrote:

Thank you, but I've tried that code and it will not work the red "Xfinity" button's function to display 'on demand' or 'recorded shows' on the TV.

New Poster

Finally got it! Took me forever but I used this one 31229 or they also say you can try this one if that doesn't work 31933. Also make sure you program it to your tv again before you try the codes to program the boss.
Gold Problem Solver

Which Comcast remote? XR2 or XR5?

Chelzp wrote:
Finally got it! Took me forever but I used this one 31229 or they also say you can try this one if that doesn't work 31933. Also make sure you program it to your tv again before you try the codes to program the boss.

New Poster

I have the XR2 remote.  I believe the Bose only alows me to enter a 4 digit code.

Expert

wonder why the bose code info has not been added as a remote firmware update. Have there ever been any (RF linked) remote firmware updates ever?

Gold Problem Solver

The Bose remote can control X1 boxes but we have been told an update from Bose may be needed for it to work.

jahales1 wrote:

I have the XR2 remote.  I believe the Bose only alows me to enter a 4 digit code.

Gold Problem Solver

FYI,

Veteran forum member Manamok has been using the XR2 remote to control his Bose systems for almost two years now. I am glad you figured out your situation but it is not a new solution by any means...

When it comes to Bose, I thing many people are not aware that they need to go into the settings on the Bose and change it to receive IR commands...

jahales1 wrote:

Bronze Problem Solver

jahales1 wrote:

Try the programming steps here - http://customer.comcast.com/remotes/

Code 31933 worked for me.

New Poster

I'm trying to work the Comcast X1 box with a Bose remote.

Gold Problem Solver

Like I said earlier, other forum members have told us your Bose system may need an update to properly control X1 boxes but Bose is aware of the update...

jahales1 wrote:

I'm trying to work the Comcast X1 box with a Bose remote.

Regular Visitor

Worked for me as well. Thanks!
Regular Visitor

thanks
New Poster

8096 , hit + on volume then guide, + on volume again guide till guide comes on then exit to save . Everything works but won't shut off cable box !
Expert

There is no code to turn off the cable box.  It is supposed to stay on 24/7.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/set-top-box-energy-usage

New Poster

To program my Bose cinemate remote to control my Xfinity X1, code 01982 worked for me.  It's the third code listed under Comcast under cable in Bose's code book that came with my now 3-year old Bose Cinemate 1 SR.

New Poster

I have been at this for 3+ hours now...  I've got a new X1 voice remote and have tried every code out there (31229, 31933, 31934, 31935) to pair it with my Bose Lifestyle 35 from model years 2001 to 2004.  I've enabled the IR Receive function on the Bose as well but have not had any luck.  Talked to Bose and they said call Comcast, talked to Comcast and they only gave me the same codes I haven't been able to get to work.

Is there no fix out there????

Gold Problem Solver

Looks like trying the manual code search process is your only shot.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XR5-and-XR11-quot-Voice-Remote-quot-Code-Lists/m-p/2550616#M73148

alexg2007 wrote:

I have been at this for 3+ hours now...  I've got a new X1 voice remote and have tried every code out there (31229, 31933, 31934, 31935) to pair it with my Bose Lifestyle 35 from model years 2001 to 2004.  I've enabled the IR Receive function on the Bose as well but have not had any luck.  Talked to Bose and they said call Comcast, talked to Comcast and they only gave me the same codes I haven't been able to get to work.

Contributor

my LS48 used to be able to be controled by my Comcast remote (red OK - not X1) and that mysteriously went away in Dec 2014.  VERY frustrating.  I even bought  aused AV18 to try, thinking the IR went bad - no luck.  Why/how could this happen?  Any thoughts>?

Bronze Problem Solver

alexg2007 wrote:

I used code 31229 to pair my X1 voice remote (XR11) with my Bose 321 system.  Works great.

Contributor

Tried that no less than 10 times.  Really weird how it was working then went away.  Toying with re-maping the entire remote, or getting a new one.  I have a remote DVR box too, it will not control the Bose av48 either.  So frutstratinng that these companies do not have common codes for all devices to do basic functions.

Bronze Problem Solver

Wardman wrote:

Tried that no less than 10 times.  Really weird how it was working then went away.  Toying with re-maping the entire remote, or getting a new one.  I have a remote DVR box too, it will not control the Bose av48 either.  So frutstratinng that these companies do not have common codes for all devices to do basic functions.

Try disablilng the IR setting on the Bose - I believe pairing the remotes uses RF not IR.

Gold Problem Solver

I don't understand your post. Do you have X1 service?

Wardman wrote:

my LS48 used to be able to be controled by my Comcast remote (red OK - not X1) and that mysteriously went away in Dec 2014.  VERY frustrating.  I even bought  aused AV18 to try, thinking the IR went bad - no luck.  Why/how could this happen?  Any thoughts>?

Contributor

I have standard DVR and add'l room - no, not X1.  And everything worked then suddenly went away with my LS 48.  I've gone to a high end audio place and can program for a Marantz 1606 but the Bose codes won't work - IR turned on and everything....

Gold Problem Solver

If you are using a Comcast remote to control a Bose system, hopefully you are aware that the Bose system wil need to be within line of sight with the remote. The Bose system cannot be enclosed or behing cabinet doors.

Did you try the remote code Manamok mentioned???

Wardman wrote:

I have standard DVR and add'l room - no, not X1.  And everything worked then suddenly went away with my LS 48.  I've gone to a high end audio place and can program for a Marantz 1606 but the Bose codes won't work - IR turned on and everything....

Expert

Wardman wrote:

If you don't have X1, you are in the wrong forum.

Maybe this one?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/bd-p/CTV_Equip

Contributor

Yes - have held the remote right up against the LS48.  The IR signals are being sent out - it turns my TV and Comcast on when using the Bose remote control.  It's just the codes for the Xfintity remote won't control the Bose LS48 any more.  Like I said - poof, went away....  I can program it to control other devices. 

I have tried Manamok's codes too.

My threads in other sections were going no where, and thought this group may have some suggestions.  THANKS too!

New Poster

Found out that the bew boxes for x1. Are made by samsung. ,so try out that code

New Poster

The IR Code for the Xfinity X1 Cable Box to allow the Bose remote control to operate is "C1982". 

I installed the latest & greatest X1 Cable Box from Xfinity and wanted to control the cable box via my Bose remote.  Comcast Tech Support said it cannot be done - the new X1 Cable Box was not designed to support third party systems.  Was told otherwise by Bose Technical Support to push "Setup" button on front of Bose console and then select "Cable Setup" and then "Manual Remote Setup".  On the left side of the screen, scroll to "Comcast" (there are hundreds of cable box names), then move to the next screen box to the right and scroll for IR Code "C1982".  If this IR Code does not show up under Comcast - see if it shows up under "Cisco".  If not under either Comcast or Cisco, you need to update the software on your Bose console.  Call Bose Technical Support and they will guide you to download the updated software onto a flash drive from your computer.  Install the flashdrive onto the front of the Bose console and install.  Bose Tech Support staff will guide you through this process - they are fantastic.  Once this was done - Whala- its works.  No more having two remotes in my hand to zap through the channels/sound.

New Poster

31229 worked fo me for power and volume on Bose CineMate Home Theatre

New Poster

The first time I got the Bose remote to partially work, all I could control was power and volume.  I still needed the Xfinity remote to change the channels.  By updating the software on the Bose console, I can now control almost all the features on the Xfinity box.

New Poster

I have a Lifestyle 135 system from 2012, and entering the C1982 code did it for me.  Unfortunately the menu doesn't work with the menu key, I have to select the more key then pick the menu from there.  However, everything else works great.

New Poster

This worked for me with the X1 box. Thanks.
New Poster

This worked for me. Thanks.
Visitor

I have the x1 system now (voice remote) and the Bose cinemate 120 w/soundbar. Initially my Bose remote only controlled the volume. I found the universal code for xfinity, 8096, inside https://www.soundtouch.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=00P4000000Rl374

once I tried the 8096 code, THEN cycled through other codes via the Vol+ button, I was able to see the xfinity guide! I didn't count how many times I hit the Vol+ but it worked for me. 

Perhaps this will help others with programming their Bose remote for use with xfinity

here is the link to program the Bose remote: https://www.soundtouch.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=00P4000000QIfUG

Tags (5)