New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 channel change takes forever

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 3

this has become progressively worse over the past few weeks. if i am watching channel 822 UHD then want to go to NBCSN 848 if i type in 8-4-8 then press OK on the remote either nothing happens for almost 10-15 seconds OR when i hit OK the channel goes to change and the screen goes black for 10-15 seconds before finally going to the entered channel.

i have restarted my box about 12 times over the past 4 days thinking something was just hanging up.i insterted new batteries in the remote even though the low battery notification makes no sense. it says " batteries are low" yet when i go to remote settings and check battery level it is around 65-60 % how is that time to replace batteries when they are 60%????

has anyone else had the channel changing issue at all? i want to know if i should change receiver but hate the hassle when i have to call and get the new one set up.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 3

carmichalski01 wrote:

this has become progressively worse over the past few weeks. if i am watching channel 822 UHD then want to go to NBCSN 848 if i type in 8-4-8 then press OK on the remote either nothing happens for almost 10-15 seconds OR when i hit OK the channel goes to change and the screen goes black for 10-15 seconds before finally going to the entered channel.

i have restarted my box about 12 times over the past 4 days thinking something was just hanging up.i insterted new batteries in the remote even though the low battery notification makes no sense. it says " batteries are low" yet when i go to remote settings and check battery level it is around 65-60 % how is that time to replace batteries when they are 60%????

has anyone else had the channel changing issue at all? i want to know if i should change receiver but hate the hassle when i have to call and get the new one set up.

You should probably have a tech out instead of swapping equipment

-upstream signal levels are high and barely in spec

-you live in an apartment and there may be interference from other apartments.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 3

i will look into this, thank you