Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

X1 cant get rid of sports reminder

New Poster

X1 cant get rid of sports reminder

So I am constantly getting the sports reminder for the current NBA games after my 2 year old got a hold of the remote.

The problem is when I go to that channel to try and remove the reminder, there is nothing there to remove it, I have looked everywhere and there is absolutely no way to remove the reminder for these games, it is rediculous.

Problem Solver

Re: X1 cant get rid of sports reminder

shananigan wrote:

So I am constantly getting the sports reminder for the current NBA games after my 2 year old got a hold of the remote.

The problem is when I go to that channel to try and remove the reminder, there is nothing there to remove it, I have looked everywhere and there is absolutely no way to remove the reminder for these games, it is rediculous.

Press the Xfinity bar on the remote and scroll over to the gear, then preferences, I believe it's

located there and you can toggle it off. Good luck!

New Poster

I wish it were that simple, but no, the notifications are off and have been since this began, I still get the popup whenever an NBA game is about to start.

I believe there used to be a way to turn them off individually, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore, and as I said even if I go to the channel, it wont let me turn it off.

Is there some way to reset it to factory default or are the setting saved to "the cloud", and I am SOL?  Only thing I can think of at this point.

These boxes are just aweful.

Valued Contributor

shananigan wrote:

The only way at the moment is to do the following shown here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-program-reminders/

Make a note of the channel number, the start time, and the program when the dialog box appears because you must find that information within the guide.

New Poster

Thanks but again, that doesnt work, when i go to the exact channel at the exact time this is happening the channel does not have a reminder option, which is why i asked if i can reset the entire box to factory default.

Well, if this is going to turn out to be impossible than I will just be cancelling xfinity as soon as my contract is done, comcast is already a terrible company, but at least normally you can get around it by avoiding their CS, but if even their equipment is going to be this way, I see no point in having them.

I would rather not have any TV than continue to deal with this.

Thanks for the replies.

Valued Contributor

shananigan wrote:

Thanks but again, that doesnt work, when i go to the exact channel at the exact time this is happening the channel does not have a reminder option, which is why i asked if i can reset the entire box to factory default.

Well, if this is going to turn out to be impossible than I will just be cancelling xfinity as soon as my contract is done, comcast is already a terrible company, but at least normally you can get around it by avoiding their CS, but if even their equipment is going to be this way, I see no point in having them.

I would rather not have any TV than continue to deal with this.

Thanks for the replies.

Can you post pics? You can view if a reminder is set on a specific channel by also selecting the "series info" option from the menu.  You will see an Icon along with the words "series reminder is scheduled" on the series info page at which point you should be able to cancel it. If a reminder is not set for that specific channel then you will see the "set reminder" option.

New Poster

Sorry for the long reply I have been away and have better things to do than try figuring out this stupid box.

when the thing pops up I click on tune in now, when I get redirected to the station it is "unavailable", when I click on series info it has nothing about reminders, there is no reminder on the main selection just series info and how to watch, which leads to nothing but information on the actual game.

The problem seems to be because I do not have that station, I believe the reminder was activated through one of the sports ads that bogs down the x1 on demand, but there is no way to remove it because I dont have the channel.

There needs to be a reminder area so you can see what reminders you have, this is simply poor planning on comcast as usual, because they hire cheap idiots.

Valued Contributor

shananigan wrote:

Sorry for the long reply I have been away and have better things to do than try figuring out this stupid box.

when the thing pops up I click on tune in now, when I get redirected to the station it is "unavailable", when I click on series info it has nothing about reminders, there is no reminder on the main selection just series info and how to watch, which leads to nothing but information on the actual game.

The problem seems to be because I do not have that station, I believe the reminder was activated through one of the sports ads that bogs down the x1 on demand, but there is no way to remove it because I dont have the channel.

There needs to be a reminder area so you can see what reminders you have, this is simply poor planning on comcast as usual, because they hire cheap idiots.

I tried testing the feature and it might be a bug? When I use the guide and press info on any program, I am able to set a reminder and it shows the reminder options however when I select the series info option, the info page still indicates that the reminder has not been set as the words "Series reminder is scheduled" do not appear on the series info page as it's suppose to. Can comcast provide  some feedback? Can another user test this as well?

New Poster

I had to do some searching and found a way to do it easily:

Press the Xfinity bar

Go to "Search"

Type in the sports team or show you want to cancel

Highlight the show or sports team and press OK

Right away "Reminder Options" should be highlighted, press OK

It will now say "Cancel Team Reminder" or "Modify Reminder"

Choose your option and press "OK"

Done.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you.

New Poster

Thank you! I, too, have been trying to figure out how to get rid of this sports reminder. This works!

New Poster

I ahve the same problem and it continues. I've removed all the team favorites bc the reminders are so annoying, and I'm still getting reminders. I search for the specific teams that pop up the reminders (bc it has to pop up every single replay that airs) and there are no reminders set to cancel bc I've already removed them as Favorites. Def a super annoying bug. The reminders need to be gonnnnnnnne!

Expert

Did you try this?

Press the Xfinity bar

Go to "Search"

Official Employee

RobertWy wrote:

Did you try this?

Press the Xfinity bar

Go to "Search"

Have you tried

Xfinity button to Saved to Scheduled, arrow down, arrow up, press OK, scroll to Reminders, press OK and you can edit any Reminders over the next two weeks.

New Poster

THANK YOU!!! This FINALLY worked. It even gives you the option to cancel all future reminders. When I got into this menu, there was literally every baseball game with a reminder set on it. Have no idea how it happened. But the reminders are gone!!