Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

X1 box to laptop using HDMI cable

New Poster

X1 box to laptop using HDMI cable

How do I connect my X 1 box to my laptop to watch live tv?  I am using a HDMI connection from the box to the laptop and the back of the X1 box is connected to a cable that screws into the wall connection.  Of course, I have power on both the box and the laptop.  Please help.  I tried to play it through Windows Media center.....but it says that I need a TV tuner card.  Is there some other way to change the input on my laptop to view what is coming from the X1 box ? 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 box to laptop using HDMI cable

You will need a tuner card to watch TV on your laptop.

Expert

Re: X1 box to laptop using HDMI cable

@1920windsor wrote:

How do I connect my X 1 box to my laptop to watch live tv?  I am using a HDMI connection from the box to the laptop and the back of the X1 box is connected to a cable that screws into the wall connection.  Of course, I have power on both the box and the laptop.  Please help.  I tried to play it through Windows Media center.....but it says that I need a TV tuner card.  Is there some other way to change the input on my laptop to view what is coming from the X1 box ? 

adding.. if your laptop has access to your home internet you can watch all your subscriptions without having data used count toward your 1TB cap. if you are away from home the completed recordings (if you have a DVR) and on-demand (many titles) and the TVgo channels are all available to watch on your laptop.