Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

X1 box not recording scheduled programs

New Poster

X1 box not recording scheduled programs

I've had the X1 DVR for about 2 weeks now and have 3 series' set up to record. All of the episodes show up on the schedule, and it has recorded none of the episodes from 2 of the series', but it hasn't missed any of one series.

There are no conflicts, the episodes just are not being recorded. I have tried syncing the box, resetting the box, and refreshing the box.

I have verified the settings for the series' to be recorded, and I've even tried deleting and setting them back up.

I'm pretty frustrated with this problem because I never had this issue with DirecTV.

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: X1 box not recording scheduled programs

I think I have it figured out and I am just going by the channel lineup attached to your account 

Good Eats is on CH. 720 Cooking Channel HD, it is on the Digital Preferred Tier, presently not part of your cable package.

Battlebots is on 2 channels, per your scheduled recordings list. Channels 716 (Discovery HD) that is part of your cable package and 683 (Science HD) that is in Digital Preferred and not in your cable package. 

That's they're not recording. For Battlebots, cancel the present series recording, go directly to the Discovery Channel 716, find he time and date for Battlebots in your time zone and set your series recording from there, it will only record from the Discovery Channel.

For Good Eats, you'd have to upgrade to Digital Preferred. If you feel this information about your package is incorrect, let me know and I can have a colleague look at your package

All Replies
Official Employee

Which 2 aren’t recording?
New Poster

Good Eats and Battlebots.

The program that is recording is Formula 1
Expert

is good eats set for new and repeat episodes? tomorrow's battle bots show for tomorrow 5/25 at 9 EdT / 8 CdT - on your guide is the recording indicator red triple dots showing? does it show up under saved >> scheduled?

Official Employee

I think I have it figured out and I am just going by the channel lineup attached to your account 

Good Eats is on CH. 720 Cooking Channel HD, it is on the Digital Preferred Tier, presently not part of your cable package.

Battlebots is on 2 channels, per your scheduled recordings list. Channels 716 (Discovery HD) that is part of your cable package and 683 (Science HD) that is in Digital Preferred and not in your cable package. 

That's they're not recording. For Battlebots, cancel the present series recording, go directly to the Discovery Channel 716, find he time and date for Battlebots in your time zone and set your series recording from there, it will only record from the Discovery Channel.

For Good Eats, you'd have to upgrade to Digital Preferred. If you feel this information about your package is incorrect, let me know and I can have a colleague look at your package

New Poster

That would explain it. I set up the Good Eats series but never actually tried to watch Cooking Channel. I assumed because it showed up on my guide I received it.

Thank you for the assistance.